A Father’s Love

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

J

jenni.parrish

Read Full Article...

fathersdayanc-150x150.jpg
We’re a product of our experiences and shaped by the people who are (or have been) part of our lives. In celebration of Father’s Day, I wanted to thank my father for the impact he’s made in my life.

Dad,
You’ve always been my hero, but now you’re more than that. As I age, I’m more impressed with the man you are—not a myth I believed in as a child. You’re a constant source of inspiration and unconditional love. I know you’ll always be there for me. I want to make you proud, but more than that, I want to be proud of myself—you taught me that, and so much more.
I’ve learned the following lessons from your guidance: Believe in yourself. Dream big and then work hard. Make good choices and learn from your mistakes. When you’re wrong, admit it, and then make it right. At all times display honestly, humility, and humanity. Treat everyone like you want to be treated—how we treat those who can’t help us is a measure of our character.
Thank you for the long talks, the motivation, and the encouragement. I didn’t always want to hear your stories or analogies, but now I’m thankful and find myself teaching my boys the same lessons.
Thank you for allowing me to fail, it made me cherish the wins and realize that without the losses the wins have no meaning. You’ve taught me how to win with grace and lose with class.
We don’t always agree on everything, but that’s okay. You taught me to think for myself, to use my own moral compass to guide me forward.
Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for the support you showed during every moment of my life. Thank you for the lessons you’ve taught me. Thank you for the discipline you provided, and the solid foundation on which I’ve built my life.
My past and present have been marked by your influence, and my future will be too. Your dedication to the right thing has forged my resolve to do the same; to make a difference, to influence my children so they grow up to be caring and compassionate adults who know the pains of sacrifice and the joys of achievement.
Thank you. From the core of my being, thank you.
To all the dads out there who have helped shape our lives, Happy Father’s Day!
— Jenni Parrish

Back