OT A Reason To Give This Season - "riley Rocks"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 27, 2009
Hi All,

I know how the fierce board feels about "GoFundMe" accounts, but this one is legit. Here's the story

Riley is a little girl from my hometown, and the HS I formerly coached at has been really involved with her "Riley Rocks Challenge" and just with the girls life in general, the cause is very near to my heart. More information can be found on the GoFundMe link, Riley Rocks Challenge Facebook Page, or their website Riley Rocks! - Home She is still fighting every day, but she has a heart of gold and always wants to give back.

Riley was diagnosed with Esthesioneuroblastoma in 2013, a rare form of nasal cancer. Last December she got very ill, and we thought it would be her last Christmas. With this, people donated baskets of gifts to her and her family (she has 3 other siblings). Through the power of prayer, she fought through that hard time in her life, and is still fighting. She ended up donating more than half of her gifts she received to Dana Farber. Along with that, she donated over $1,000 to Dana Farber for her most recent birthday.

Her youth cheerleading team does the "Cheer for Dana Farber" and has raised thousands for cancer research throughout the past 2 years. High School teams in the area are making and donating gift baskets to Dana Farber in Rileys Name. She has truly been an inspiration to the cheer community in MA.

Throughout the battle that no 7 year old should have to go through, she has continued to be kind and give. Now, our community is trying to get together funds to put together a tree to donated to Dana Farber on behalf of Riley. The goal is to raise enough funds to be able to fill a tree with gift cards for the families of Dana Farber.

I'm coming to the Fierceboard because I know how supportive you all an be, and how you rally around good causes like this. I'm asking you to help spread the word. Take this link and post it on your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, anything! Get the word out there and help this little fighter continue to give back!

Here is the link:
12 Days of Riley Rocks by Jon Broderick - GoFundMe

Please help spread the word! It would be great to see this thing go global! If a guy can raise 1,000's for potato salad, the least we can do is a raise a couple dollars to help families in need at Dana Farber!

If you want any other information please don't hesitate to contact me :)!

Back