All-american Varsity London Tour

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 20, 2014
Has anyone here taken part in the London Parade? My daughter made All-American this past week at NCA camp and I was wondering if anyone or their child has gone on this trip. Is it typical for the teen to travel alone or bring their parents along? Thanks for any information you can give!

I made it too! Congrats to your daughter! I haven't gone to London but I went to the Disney parade a few years ago. Most people there brought a parent unless they went with a group. I was the only one from my team who made it so I was alone, but there were groups of girls who brought 1 chaperone per 3 or 4 girls. It's a much cheaper trip though, so it's easier to afford to bring a parent. I'd bet with London, more people go alone bc it's so expensive. It seems like an awesome experience if you can afford it!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I made it too! Congrats to your daughter! I haven't gone to London but I went to the Disney parade a few years ago. Most people there brought a parent unless they went with a group. I was the only one from my team who made it so I was alone, but there were groups of girls who brought 1 chaperone per 3 or 4 girls. It's a much cheaper trip though, so it's easier to afford to bring a parent. I'd bet with London, more people go alone bc it's so expensive. It seems like an awesome experience if you can afford it!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/QUOT

Congrats to you and thanks for the reply! Not sure how I feel about her traveling out of the country alone. I am thinking maybe I will call on Monday and ask if many travel alone, without parents or other teammates. Unfortunately, nobody else from her school made it.

Congrats to your daughter! I made it last year, and I'm hoping I will again this year. London was a phenomenal experience! There were about 1000 athletes who went and about 150-200 parents, I believe. Most athletes went without their parents. My mom came with me because I'm absolutely terrified of flying and would not have been able to handle an 11 hour flight by myself lol. Staff supervision is extremely strict, so you honestly have no reason to worry about your daughter not having a parent there. We had to sign out at the designated Varsity desk at the front lobby of the hotel every time we went somewhere and had to be accompanied by a Varsity staff member. If your parents are there, they're allowed to sign you out, but no friends. We weren't allowed anywhere without our Varsity credentials that had emergency contact info and our hotel phone number and address in case we somehow got separated from the group. Staff members did nightly checks in the rooms and would only sign off if they personally saw everyone present who was supposed to be in the room. I'm an overly anxious person about everything and even have issues walking down the street I live on (in a city with an extremely low crime rate) if I'm not with someone, and I did not worry about my safety or security one bit on the trip, so that's really saying something! Feel free to private message me if you have any more questions, or if you would like to talk to my mom since she went with me, I can give you her email address :)

I live in London. What are they planning to do here?

All Americans (who are selected at camps over the summer) are invited to perform in the New Years Day parade. We arrive about 5-6 days before the parade and go on a few guided tours, have a few free days to explore in our groups with Varsity staff, go on a dinner/dance cruise on the Thames, see a show (last year we saw Let It Be at the Savoy), and perform in the parade :)

Thanks for the information! She isn't at all concerned and I feel she will be safe (especially after reading your reply :) ). My main concern is that others will be with either teammates or parents and she won't really have anyone to "hang out" with, you know? You said many didn't travel with parents. Were there many that were without parents AND teammates? Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for the information! She isn't at all concerned and I feel she will be safe (especially after reading your reply :) ). My main concern is that others will be with either teammates or parents and she won't really have anyone to "hang out" with, you know? You said many didn't travel with parents. Were there many that were without parents AND teammates? Thanks again for your help!
We're broken up into groups of about 10 people and assigned to a Varsity staff member for any activities that we do. In my group, 5 girls were all from the same team but the rest of us (in that group) were there without teammates. We all became friends very quickly and it didn't feel odd at all to be without anyone else from my school. I think most people either go with one other person from their team, or as the only one. You room in groups of 3 or 4, so you make friends pretty quickly. You'll also be sitting by other participants on the plane, so you have plenty of time to get to know people. I was concerned going in as the only person from my school, but made friends pretty quickly at the airport and didn't have any issues with it at all.

Thank you so much! Very good to know. Good luck to you at camp. Maybe reply to this thread if you make AA again and I will give you my daughter's email. I think we will send her. Seems like such an amazing opportunity!

All Americans (who are selected at camps over the summer) are invited to perform in the New Years Day parade. We arrive about 5-6 days before the parade and go on a few guided tours, have a few free days to explore in our groups with Varsity staff, go on a dinner/dance cruise on the Thames, see a show (last year we saw Let It Be at the Savoy), and perform in the parade :)

Wow that sounds like an amazing opportunity! Enjoy your stay! Bring a big coat, hat, scarf, gloves and an umbrella its pretty cold and rainy here!

My daughter went several years ago and it was amazing!! The sight seeing and the parade...everything was a life long memory!! For sure go :)

I think I'm going to go this year! Another girl from my school is going and my two friends from our rival school are going too.

Back