Are You In Tour

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

The Sparkle Effect has been hard at work touring the nation’s largest cheerleading and dance camps, and we’re having an absolute blast! So far, we’ve hit up camps in Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Florida, Missouri, and Arizona with our new Are you IN campaign. The welcome has been incredibly warm. UDA staff members at Tan-Tar-A resort in Missouri even rocked our Are you IN t-shirts during their opening demos!
Even though we’re smack-dab in the middle of our tour, and every camp has gone fantastically well, I still get a little nervous before each camp I talk to. It’s similar to the feeling I used to get before hitting the mat at a big competition; that feeling that I have one shot to make an awesome impression, to hit everything perfectly, and to represent my team (in this case is my organization) in the best light possible. The fact that I’ve been out of practice for over a year now doesn’t help things either.
But, yesterday, as I sat in the airport waiting for my flight to my next tour location, I picked up the latest copy of American Cheerleader. The opening line of the editor’s note really resonated with me: “Once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader.” I absolutely love the idea that, whether or not we’re currently cheering, we all have a responsibility to raise each other’s spirits, to provide support and encouragement to one another, and to pursue our goals with positivity and flexibility.
The Sparkle Effect continues to pursue our goal of bringing the power of school spirit to students of all abilities, as we promote and support the creation of inclusive cheer and dance programs nationwide. But, we need the can-do attitudes of cheerleaders and dancers just like you to make our goal a reality. Here’s an easy way you can help us out right now. The Sparkle Effect is currently up for two Classy Awards, the largest philanthropic awards ceremony in the country. Winning these awards will help us reach more cheer and dance teams nationwide, and in turn create more opportunities for students with disabilities. You can vote by following this link, clicking the Midwest Region, and selecting The Sparkle Effect in the Charity of The Year and Human Rights categories. You only have to vote once, but every vote counts.
In the next few weeks, we’ll be speaking at camps in Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, and Texas. We hope to see you there!

Back