Are You In?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

Well, we have officially wrapped up our summer tour! After visiting 12 states, and speaking at 14 amazing UCA, UDA, and NCA camps, I can officially say it’s been an incredible summer!
In my last update, I encouraged all of you to vote for The Sparkle Effect for this year’s Midwest Human Rights Charity in the 4th Annual Classy Awards. I am so excited to announce that your votes paid off! I’ll be traveling to San Diego next month to network with some amazing innovators from all across the nation, as well as to represent all of the amazing cheerleaders and dancers who have supported us throughout this process. It’s such a thrill to have the opportunity to give even more people a fresh perspective on what it really means to be a cheerleader.
During the last portion of our tour, we visited Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, and Texas. These were definitely our biggest camps yet, with some totaling over 1,000 participants! Our message, that every cheerleader has the ability to make a positive impact, really resonated with our crowds and, of course, everyone was excited about getting free Sparkle Effect Are you IN t-shirts! At several camps, the staff even wore their shirts for part of opening demos!
Earlier this summer, I was chosen as one of Build-A-Bear Workshop’s Huggable Heroes. As a Huggable Hero, I had the opportunity to take a brief break from the tour to do some giving back of my own. I headed down to Memphis, Tennessee with the other Heroes to spend some time with the patients at St. Jude’s Children’s hospital. It reaffirmed for me everything I believe about the power of a positive attitude. Childhood cancer is devastating, but because the patients’ vibrant, loving, and hopeful personalities make St. Jude’s one of the happiest places on Earth. I learned so much in just one afternoon with the patients and their families about gratitude, appreciation, and love. Thanks to Varsity, you can “Team Up for St. Jude” as well!
Overall, we have had an amazing and unforgettable summer tour. Thank so much to all the cheerleaders and dancers for hearing our message and taking it back to your school. Even bigger thanks to all of the UCA, UDA, and NCA staff who welcomed us with so much kindness and enthusiasm. And, biggest thanks of all to the incredible staff at Varsity for making The Sparkle Effect’s dream a reality. We wish you all your best fall season yet!
- Sarah Cronk

Back