OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Next step: actual consequences for USA Gymnastics and USOC.

The lawsuits are mounting, the resignations are coming, and the sponsors are leaving. Which is a start. But they can't be allowed to evade responsibility for such an egregious, long-term, systematic failure of their duty of care.

And all of this goes for Michigan State, too.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing when the Judge was reading his letter, especially the 'hell hath no fury' line. How dare he.

Right? And after going on and on about being manipulated and strung along, he was given a chance to change his plea and he didn't even blink before saying, "No." He is so, so vile.

I think in the back of our heads, we always knew the Karolyis carried their camps in a very shady manner. When Mattie Larson made her statement about how Marta could've kept Nassar because he allowed them to compete injured, it left me speechless... not because it was shocking, but it was because it was completely believable and it was something that never occurred to me.

The part about Valeri Liukin doesn't surprise me either, his coaching style is archaic and breaking Katelyn Ohashi basically confirmed it.

Can you imagine intentionally hurting yourself because you were trying to avoid attending something? I've been desensitised over the days with so many statements, but Mattie Larson's one really got to me; couldn't stop tears from streaming down my face.

Anyway, final day:
Live from court: Day 7 of Larry Nassar sentencing hearing
Rachael Denhollander will be making the final victim-impact statement of this sentencing hearing.

So my question is why did she call out Valeri? During her time he was a personal coach and not over the national team. I know many thought he was being groomed to take over but I’m confused about his play into this.

So my question is why did she call out Valeri? During her time he was a personal coach and not over the national team. I know many thought he was being groomed to take over but I’m confused about his play into this.
i though valeri was an assistant coach to a few worlds teams over the years though, maybe thats where mattie got her opinion from

i though valeri was an assistant coach to a few worlds teams over the years though, maybe thats where mattie got her opinion from

This is the 2010 Official Roster
Team, All-Around, Individual Events
Rebecca Bross, Plano, Texas/WOGA
Mackenzie Caquatto, Naperville, Ill./Legacy Elite Gymnastics
Mattie Larson, Los Angeles/All Olympia
Alexandra Raisman, Needham, Mass./Brestyan's American Gymnastics
Alicia Sacramone, Winchester, Mass./Brestyan's
Bridget Sloan, Pittsboro, Ind./Sharp's Gymnastics
Chelsea Davis, Austin, Texas/Texas Dreams, alternate
Mihai Brestyan, Head Coach
Jiani Wu, Assistant Coach

He was a coach for 2009, but Mattie wasn't on the team then. I assume he was there because of Rebecca Bross.

Vanessa Atler said he was super strict on weight and would take her to a sauna and make her do additional workouts to lose weight. Katelyn Ohashi has written blog posts about eating disorders she's developed since being at WOGA. McKenzie Wofford has written about how Valeri made her train at the Ranch while she had diarrhea.

I think she called him out because he has contributed to the toxic culture that enabled abuse in USA Gymnastics because of how he treated his non-Nastia athletes and how he treated her at Worlds.

The Karolyis need a cell right next to this man.

Hopefully it's coming.

I mean I don’t disagree.

“But I just find it funny how” a year and a half ago so many were singing Marta’s praises. It speaks to how the outside general public was caught up in a win at all costs mindset, without probably realizing it. Like I’m pretty sure we’ve (generally speaking) have known the Karolyi’s were trash. I remember watching stuff on them after the 96 Olympics about Dominique Moceanu and realizing it and I was like 10

I read Dominique’s book several years ago and was like “yup”

I watched that Karolyi Ranch documentary during the Olympics and was like “ehhhh tf”

I’m just saying “people” have known about their bs for years. It’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back