Asheville Nc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 5, 2015
Next summer I am moving to Sylva NC. I am looking for an All star cheer company near the Asheville are. I am looking for a level 4 or 5 team. She is on a Sr5R and J4 currently. Appreciate any info.

Unfortunately there isn't much. I can tell you that some of Hope's friends who live in the Asheville area carpool down to Greer, SC to go to Rockstar. There are 1 or 2 gyms around Asheville, but they only offer quality teams at the lower levels.

Rockstar has a large number of athletes that come from the Asheville, NC area. Every year there are more and more that come from there. I was talking with a new parent last evening at our open gym that is commuting from that area. Including her own CP she is with a group of 5 new athletes that joined for the upcoming season and they have another that may be joining in July. It is roughly an hour drive depending on where you live. There is also CA in Charlotte, CEA in Charlotte, and Stingrays in Georgia. I'm not certain of those commute times though.

They speak the truth. If you're upper level and living in Asheville you'll have to drive. Rockstar is probably the closest from there. There's nothing local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlotte CEA and CA would probably be about 2.5 hours from Sylva. Stingrays would likely be farther by another two hours, depending on the location you choose. Most of the folks wanting higher level teams who are from the mountains head to Rockstar. They did have a location in Asheville briefly, which is actually where Hope got her first taste of allstar cheer. Unfortunately, there were some ownership issues and it folded after only 2 seasons.

This is so funny, Im from asheville as well looking to cheer. There is a newer gym called Fearless that I believe is having an open team this year, they had a level 4 coed last year. Im looking into them.

Raleigh is as far from AVL as Marietta is, so CEA Raleigh and Stingrays are both an option if youre looking to drive 4 hours. But the charlotte area gyms are much closer, although Rockstar is definitely the closest.

Sorry for being tardy to the party - figured I'd add to it in case any other AVL people come lookin for some cheer gyms c:

Back