Back-spot Help!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Swallow your fear and accept the fact that you will get hit. Hard. And it will hurt. But it's better than dropping your flyer.

Extended stunts were terrifying for me, so watching your flyer's hips definitely helps.

From my CP, don't be afraid to catch, even when a stunt is coming down hard,and try to keep your mouth out of the path of your flyer's head while doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squeeze your flyers ankle very hard, although it may feel like your not doing much it makes your flyer feel safer and sturdier! Good luck!

Squeeze your flyers ankle very hard, although it may feel like your not doing much it makes your flyer feel safer and sturdier! Good luck!
And, help your bases lift. It makes the stunt go up smoother when you are controlling it.

Disclaimer: I am not a backspot, but I have listened to my two discuss their backspotting for the past several years.

Don't be afraid to catch your flyer! One time when we were doing double downs from scorpions my flyer did something wrong and ended up spraining my ankle and ripping my lip but hey atleast she didn't die :rolleyes: And squeeze your flyers ankle and lift up as hard as you can. It makes it easier for the bases to hold the stunt.

ALWAYS DO YOUR JOB AND KNOW YOUR COUNTS!!! If you don't know how to back the specific stunt you are doing, ask for help because if it comes down, it will solely be your fault because you are NOT SUPPOSED TO LET YOUR FLYER HIT THE FLOOR. Oh, and have faith in yourself to dowhat your supposed to do, because the firt competiton you have is gainst yourself. If YOU don't believe you can do it, then ding it will be impossible. Good luck (sorry for all the caps) :)

Keep an eye on your flyer at all times. Don't be afraid to dive to the floor for her safety. I was a back spot for a very long time and I was very good at it. Don't be afraid to get hit. And if you feel a stunt is going to come down, tighten your grip on her ankles and lift up, save your bases a little bit.

• grip ankles tightly to ensure flyers mental security
  • be aware of all surroundings at all times
  • never look away from your flyer
  • lift to help your bases
  • keep fists instead of blades when catching to avoid scratching, slicing, slapping, or jammed fingers
  • be confident at all times, not only for the security of your stunt group, but for you as well (confidence is key)
  • make sure you follow the group (if they happen to drift, make sure you can catch any possible bobble or fall)
  • keep your eyes open at all times
  • ensure minimal talking in group for better focus, and greater chances of solid performance

Back