OT Bring It On Cheersmack: Your Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Cheer aside- at least they addressed "being a Cheerleader is NOT about how many "likes" "followers" ...or what your "Team Status" is... it's about getting together with the people you like doing something you love and bringing out the best in yourself and eachother ... true it may have only BRUSHED on THIS although it was supposed to be the centralized theme... it was very TRUE to TODAY. Still didn't make the movie good, relevant or accurate. I would LOVE to see an ICU WORLDS Doc following multiple countries featuring star athletes and their journey through a season.
FYI: someone making these movies PLEASE at LEAST employ REAL cheerleaders, they need the money for actual competing and I promise you they could "act" better

Last edited:
Couple of my thoughts on it:

-At one point they do a "street cheer off" with a group of breakdancers as a bet or something silly...not one cheer skill or motion was executed. No jumps, cheer style tumbling, even kicks or motions for a dance. It was just kinda skanky dancing.
-Nfinity is a legit sponsor throughout. Thought that was questionable, but do what you gotta do I guess?
-The scenarios with the girl's video diary and her in bed in lingerie confessing to her laptop. Ugh. But then her friend is a super hacker techie who steals it and broadcasts it illegally and anonymously worldwide? And people care? Like what is this movie?? lol
-If they portrayed and promoted these as parodies I would be a lot more cool with these, but they try to put themselves out there as serious cheer movies with a bit of fun and humor via the trailers, but then you go to watch and they just make fun of you and your friends the whole time.
In my head I was thinking... Nfinity is totally the "Pepsi" of this movie or I am dreaming that the product placement is THAT in your face...???:rolleyes:

Cheer aside- at least they addressed "being a Cheerleader is NOT about how many "likes" "followers" ...or what your "Team Status" is... it's about getting together with the people you like doing something you love and bringing out the best in yourself and eachother ... true it may have only BRUSHED on THIS although it was supposed to be the centralized theme... it was very TRUE to TODAY. Still didn't make the movie good, relevant or accurate. I would LOVE to see an ICU WORLDS Doc following multiple countries featuring star athletes and their journey through a season.
FYI: someone making these movies PLEASE at LEAST employ REAL cheerleaders, they need the money for actual competing and I promise you they could "act" better
I'm pretty sure the only real actors on the Rebels team were the elite tumblers and elite flyers (the same flyer who was doing a billion level 6 flip baskets)

I appreciate what the BIO franchise tries to do and I think the target audience is a lot younger than myself, but I'll always be more interested in documentaries and/or series that follow real people with real dreams.
This is a trailer for a documentary coming out soon that follows a real Australian team and their journey to Worlds 2017. I think it's going to be a great accurate portrayal of the sport if anyone is interested in checking out the trailer here. The team placed 2nd in level 6 int open 2016 and 3rd in 2017.

Back