All-Star Charlotte Expansion!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so mad my phone did not fix expansion :banghead: explanison is not even a word.. embarrassing.

Just to put this in perspective, Charlotte is about an hour at 15 minutes from Columbia (where ACX is located) and an hour and a half from the Greenville area (where Rockstar is located). Knock about 20 minutes off those times to get to the Fort Mill location. ACX also has a Charleston location but that's on the coast and several hours away.

It's possible they could lose a little business to the CAC expansion, but most kids at the locations are dedicated to their programs. I know personally that ACX does not have very many athletes that travel from that area. Most athletes up there already drive to the Charlotte gym, so this would work out well for them.

Congrats, Charlotte!

CharlotteASMom very intrigued to hear your opinion on this. Hope it's not harmful to the South Carolina programs ;)

But in all seriousness, Congrats Charlotte!

Being in Greenville which is about an 1.5 hour away. I dont think it will really do anything here, not saying thats a good thing though....

Congrats to Charlotte! I think there's a wide base of cheerleaders in and around the Charlotte area. If today's tumbling clinics and initial evaluation sign ups at Aviator are any indication (OMG!) I think there''s clearly enough athletes for us, CAC, CEA and anyone else who wants to plant some roots. I say bring 'em all on and we'll rival Texas for cheer fierceness :)

CAC South is opening in an existing Allstar gym. While I am sure they would welcome any new athletes, the true purpose of this location was not to gain athletes from other gyms. The new location is beneficial and embraced by the current program while giving some of the CAC kids that live in the Fort Mill area an option that is closer for tumbling etc. South Carolina has many strong programs that do very well and aren't in any jeopardy from CAC.

CAC South is opening in an existing Allstar gym. While I am sure they would welcome any new athletes, the true purpose of this location was not to gain athletes from other gyms. The new location is beneficial and embraced by the current program while giving some of the CAC kids that live in the Fort Mill area an option that is closer for tumbling etc. South Carolina has many strong programs that do very well and aren't in any jeopardy from CAC.

Its a good move. Having gone to college in Rock Hill, I know first hand that that area never really had a structured, growing all star program available....without having to drive completely to Charlotte. I'm pretty sure I know which gym they are going to open in because in college we used to have to drive to FT Mill for tumbling.

I have never seen the CAC gym but in school I always wondered how far away it was. Esp. since you said it is in south Charlotte but still 45 mins from Fort Mill which is on the border. Isn't CAC headed toward Matthews?

All I can say is, "YAAAAYYY!!!" My cp is at CAC in Charlotte and we drive there from SC. I have found every back road known to man and I still allow AT LEAST 40 minutes to get there. Not too bad...but the way gas is, we're delighted to have another location we can use for tumbling and classes. It is going to be so nice! There aren't really that many gyms down in this area, and the one I can think of is really good and well established with a close knit group of families, so I really don't think CAC will hurt anyone. With the amount of kids in the Charlotte metro, I don't think gyms are going to run out of talent anytime in this century!!! I don't think there will be any drama with this one...

Back