All-Star Cheer section: Where to put it?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
I always like having the cheer section in the middle of the routine but what is the problem of having it in the middle? Does it disrupt the flow?

I think it does. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. If your team is a stronger team in the cheer section than the music section, you may want to disrupt the routine. If your team is better at the music portions, do the cheer first and get it out of the way.

Speaking of which, I have an idea for next year's UCA College Nationals. Why not each team have the option of including a cheer section or not? I know that the NCA College Nationals does.

The advantage of having it at the start is that your athletes aren't out of breath from the first half. That can lead to lower cheer scores if the cheer is harder to hear or understand because athletes are out of breath. At the start makes it very clear for judges to hear. That said, you have to look at the strengths of your team and see what makes the most sense for their strengths and weaknesses and what will hit best on the scoresheet

Back