High School Cheer Shoes Recommendation?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 11, 2015
Hi. So I was just wondering what kinds of cheer shoes I should get. I'm considering the Nfinity Defiances or Vengeances or the Nike Unites.
I'm going to be doing high school cheer, and I know from going to clinics that they train on dead mat. I'm an ex gymnast so I'm used to tumbling on spring floor, which is why I'm leaning towards the Nfinity Defiances because of the HALO feature, which I have heard actually works.
On the other hand, I am not used to tumbling with shoes at all, and so the weight of the Vengeances kind of makes me want to reconsider, since they are really light. I'm really not used to tumbling in shoes.
The only reason I'm considering the Nikes is because it seems like a lot of the girls on the team have them. Also, most of it's going to be dancing, so I think the pivot sole would be helpful for that.
I'm pretty sure that some of the tumbling I'm going to be doing would be mostly level 3/4 skills (standing series back handsprings, standing tucks, etc.), at least for standing tumbling, and about the same for running tumbling too (roundoff back handspring back tucks and layouts).
As far as stunting goes, it looks like in the past there's been a lot of one man stunting but from what I've seen now, the squad looks like mostly girls. I am really small and pretty flexible and in my experiences with being in a stunt group (cheer classes and clinics) I've always been a flyer. the squad does go to competitions but they also do a lot of sideline cheering (although that's only dance and about level 2/3 stunting).
Anyways, sorry for the really long post but I just want to hear what people think of the cheer shoes and what people actually recommend.

@Twinklestars yes I have heard that they deteriorate and get holes really quickly since they're so thin and lightweight. Our track is kind of like asphalt but maybe a bit bouncier…and I would think that they'd need to be durable since where I live it rains…A LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Twinklestars yes I have heard that they deteriorate and get holes really quickly since they're so thin and lightweight. Our track is kind of like asphalt but maybe a bit bouncier…and I would think that they'd need to be durable since where I live it rains…A LOT.

I would consider one pair of shoes for sideline and different shoes for competition. If my cp's team did competition, I would get her two pair.

The Varsity Touchdown are a nice sideline shoe.

I would consider one pair of shoes for sideline and different shoes for competition. If my cp's team did competition, I would get her two pair.

The Varsity Touchdown are a nice sideline shoe.
Yes I think that's a good idea. I seriously doubt we'll be doing anything that heavy shoes would limit me in at football games…we do compete though so I think that two pairs is a good idea.

I've heard that those feel like you're just wearing socks is that true? @CheerItFullOut
Yes... However.. My kids wear them strictly for comp... They are not for sideline... As they wear easily. Best shoe I have worn. .. I've personally tried them ALL... And coached multiple all star and high school squads in tons of different brands and styles...(except any high top styling in any brand) also taught tumbling for a number of years and they were what everyone preferred for many of my best tumblers.

Last edited:
Yes I think that's a good idea. I seriously doubt we'll be doing anything that heavy shoes would limit me in at football games…we do compete though so I think that two pairs is a good idea.

I cheered for all star for like six years and used the nfinity Vengeances. I wore the vengeances in all star for like 4 months, and I stopped doing all star due to financial issues and an injury. This year I decided to tryout for high school and am on varsity. I would not get the vengeances because it is high school cheer. Therefore, you are cheerleading on the sidelines. My shoes are a hot mess right now and have holes. They are almost like brand new too.

ALOT of the girls on my team are wearing the Evolutions. I honestly recommend those. They are still light wear, easy to base in, and held up pretty good. Out of my six years on all star, I got away with using two of those. They are pretty strong. The girls wear them at the game, and we have turf.

@Logan Vest Ok...does your team do competitions or is it just sideline? Also are the Evolutions a lot heavier compared to the Vengeances?

@Logan Vest Ok...does your team do competitions or is it just sideline? Also are the Evolutions a lot heavier compared to the Vengeances?

My team actually does both. During the months of September, October, and the first week of November we had football games on the turf almost every Friday night. During the months of November and December we compete at local competitions and prepare for NHSCC.

Also today for example, I came out of practice and it was pouring outside. The Vengeances are like a sheer, so the water went right into my show. There was literally a puddle in my shoe. I would definitely say go with Evolutions. Don't worry so much about the weight of the shoe.

Back