Cheer Squad Invites Opponent’s Cheerleader To Cheer With Them At Basketball Conference

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

This past Friday, Wichita State and Loyola University women’s basketball teams faced each other in the Missouri Valley Conference in St. Charles, Missouri.

But due to midterm conflicts, there was only one Loyola cheerleader that could make the trip to cheer on her school’s basketball players, Maddie Kenney.

Once the Wichita cheerleaders saw that Kenney was by herself, they immediately invited her to join them – and even got to be tossed around!

Kenney said that she initially thought that the Wichita cheerleaders were kidding, but during the first time out, some of the male cheerleaders put her in a stunt!

Kenney told The Wichita Eagle,

“It was absolutely incredible and it really meant a lot to see the sportsmanship Wichita State displayed … It’s our job as cheerleaders to encourage and spread team spirit, so it’s really awesome we had the opportunity to do it together.”

What a wonderful story that once again shows how much love, acceptance and sportsmanship is instilled into cheerleaders! Way to go, Wichita State!

The post Cheer Squad invites Opponent’s Cheerleader to Cheer with Them at Basketball Conference appeared first on CheerDaily.com.

How do other schools avoid this problem? This is the first time I've ever heard of this happening. I admire the girl for cheering alone... but geez! You mean Loyola couldn't find ANYONE to cheer with her?

Nice move on Wichita's part!

ETA: edited because my original comment sounded harsh in retrospect.

Last edited:
Back