Cheer Words

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 8, 2015
I'm new to coaching this year and I'm having a terrible time coming up with a competition cheer. I'd like to keep it simple and have crowd involvement. My squad is the Salt fork storm, colors are silver, black, & white and we're newly consolidated this year Salt fork high school. Thanks!

Not sure of what you're thinking in terms of length, but school my school always did a pretty standard cheer every year in our routines.

You could do something like:
"Salt Fork, yell with us! Silver and black, yell with us! Silver and black, come on, silver and black! SFHS, we are the best. Yell S, let's hear it, S. Yell F, come on, F. Yell H, louder, H. Yell S, yell it, S. SFHS, you yell it, SFHS! Silver and black, SFHS, Yeah!"

We always did everyone on the ground with poms for the beginning and single bases or something simple during the SFHS part. Start in a prep (Yell S) , dip (let's hear it), press to extended (S).

Another option (if you have enough girls) could be something like:
"Storm fans, in the stands, let's spell it out. S-A (clap clap) L-T (clap clap) F-O (clap clap) R-K (clap clap, S-A-L-T F-O-R-K, we are Salt Fork! Storm fans, in the stands, let's hear you shout. Silver (clap clap) Silver, Black (clap clap) Black, White (clap clap) White, Silver black and white. Storm fans, in the stands, one last time help us out. S-A-L-T F-O-R-K, silver black and white! S-A-L-T F-O-R-K, silver black and white!"

It'd be cute to do that with girls on the ground holding signs for the Salt Fork part. Move to simple stunts with poms for colors part.

Back