All-Star Cheersport 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am a fan of the new scoring system. I think it's a better way to judge who actually had the better routine vs. who hit on the right day and who didn't.
I'm not a fan of the new score sheets, I do like the floating system for.2.day comps, but totally think judges have way to much room to allow a team they just like better to win over a team that may deserve it more. I see so many teams scoring consistently and then will be at a comp and score like 2 to 3 points lower for no good reason...doesn't make sense other then new score sheets are just more subjective.

I'm not a fan of the new score sheets, I do like the floating system for.2.day comps, but totally think judges have way to much room to allow a team they just like better to win over a team that may deserve it more. I see so many teams scoring consistently and then will be at a comp and score like 2 to 3 points lower for no good reason...doesn't make sense other then new score sheets are just more subjective.
I tend to agree with you. I feel like Cheersport rewarded creative choreography over execution and difficulty this year, at least in the divisions I watched, which were mostly levels 2 and 3.

Back