High School Crazy Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2011
I have an older guy as my cheerleading coach, not one that you typically would see as a coach, and a much younger girl coach. (they guy is the head coach) he's very crazy, and insane. every single day when i walk into the gym he's always mad. we haven't even started practice yet and he's in a bad mood. my team got together to talk everything out, and he said say whatever you guys want i won't be offended... as easy as that sounds he ended up getting offended and started yelling at us. its like nothing we ever do is good enough and I'm so sick of him getting so angry and yelling all of the time. we tell him over and over to stop getting so angry and cool off but nothing seems to work, we all agree he should step down, which he is thinking of doing but we don't know if he actually is, and we don't say that to his face. our girl coach agrees with us and whenever she tries to talk to him he shuts her down as well. its either his way or no way and i just don't know what to do anymore he makes me so stressed out all of the time, and i don't need to be cheer stressed and school stressed help?

I would definetly talk to the team mom, and possibly get the whole team and assistant coach in a meeting with the principal to discuss the issue. Hopefully he or she will realize that something is going on and will either talk to the head coach about it or make him step down. That's my advice! Goodluck!!!

Just throwing this out there...school counselor might be a good starting place also.

I would definetly talk to the team mom, and possibly get the whole team and assistant coach in a meeting with the principal to discuss the issue. Hopefully he or she will realize that something is going on and will either talk to the head coach about it or make him step down. That's my advice! Goodluck!!!
the thing with the "team mom" she doesn't do much and my parents and her don't get along so well so i don't think she likes me all that much shah!

yeah i had this issue in my hs, all the girls quit... so that got her fired, but what i suggest is having someone with authority over him such as the athletic director, principal- whoever, talk to them tell them the problems, and then if they'll do it, have them sit in on a practice. your coach's attitude may change then, but it shows that yall are truly expressing concern. good luck with everything, i know what its like to have an overly uptight coach :(

my hs had the same problem with a coach who was just too old to be coaching and she wouldnt listen to anybody and it really helped when all of the parents and the girls got together to come up with a list of things that needed to change in our program and we brought it to the principal and athletic director. it was a safety concern to have her coaching and it was overall detrimental to the program so they replaced her as our coach. as long as you go into it with a mature attitude and an open mind they'll probably be really open to listening to what you have to say because they want what is best for the students in the end. hope it all works out!!

Back