Does Anyone Else Thing All Gyms Are Going Royal Blue And Black?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2013
I feel like every new uniform I see posted is that bright shiny royal blue and black. With open shoulder. Tons of rhinestones and white accents. What happened to being unique? What happened to having different colors and hair and makeup? I feel like all team are aspiring to mimick the larger gyms and many coaches are letting it happen.. Similar hair and makeup.. Cool. Cheer hair is cheer hair. That's fine. But the uniforms are all starting to look identical. Which makes me sad. We hand designed ours this year with Rebel and I LOVE that it doesn't look like anyone elses!!! Does anyone else see what I see?

Ashley

I would also say that red black and white are another superrrrr common team color combo. That's the hard thing about most people ordering their uniforms from the two major companies - there are only so many options your can "customize" from the catalogue without spending a fortune on a 100% custum uni that you drew up.

I think that's why I fell In love with the idea of custom sublimated unis. It didn't cost me a fortune and ours look NOTHING like anyone else's. maybe a tiny like Cheetahs due to a fade but that's it.

Ashley

there are a lot of blue black and white teams... but my gym is purple black and lime green and we must've seen like ten other teams with these colors this season. I agree, where is the creativity?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My teams (I'm on 2) are purple, black, and silver. The other is red, black, and white. Our uniforms aren't that unique and amazing but I haven't really seen anyone with them.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I think a lot of it has to do that there are only but so many choices available, and of those, there are fewer that look good together. I wish teams would pick two colors instead of two neutrals. Ex instead of red/black/white, maybe do red/black/gold or red/black/orange.

Also, I think those traditional color combinations are just an easy go-to and are easy to match. Whereas there are a lot of variances in what might be considered "lavender" or "teal" red is red is red for the most part.

And if you look at the history of it, a lot of the teams that are older or developed from rec programs probably already had those colors or had a very limited selection at the time (you didn't exactly find pink tackle twill uniforms in the '90s)

I'm thinking ACE will stick with Red, Black, Gold & White.

Haha... Well my gym is teal black and silver. So I'm far from the most original. I just feel like I see A LOT of CA blue black and white. Like a lot. And not much. Kudos to things like FORCE for their pink and yellow! They look like pink lemonade!

I also love famous (light blue light pink black)

Ashley

Latest posts

Back