First Cheer Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Listen to your coaches.
Don't have an attitude.
Don't whine.
Wear what you are supposed to wear.

I have my first practice Wednesday. Does anyone have tips on gym rules, etc.?
Did you receive a gym information packet that includes rules? If so then just follow those.

**Sometimes I'm a little slow but other times it just takes me a while to get it**

Did you receive a gym information packet that includes rules? If so then just follow those.

**Sometimes I'm a little slow but other times it just takes me a while to get it**
Um no we're going to talk to the coach on Wednesday a little bit before cheer practice I guess. I just wanted to know like competition etiquette I guess. No but seriously, what are competitions like?

Um no we're going to talk to the coach on Wednesday a little bit before cheer practice I guess. I just wanted to know like competition etiquette I guess. No but seriously, what are competitions like?
It all depends on the type and size of competitions that your gym will attend. The best info you can get right now is directly from members of the gym since they can tell you about the competitions they typically attend and what they expect of you and how they do things.

It all depends on the type and size of competitions that your gym will attend. The best info you can get right now is directly from members of the gym since they can tell you about the competitions they typically attend and what they expect of you and how they do things.

When I go to competitions, lots of different teams do different things.
One club has their athletes stay together all day and watch/cheer on the other teams.
Another has all their athletes sit together in the corridors waiting and chatting with each other.
Another has everyone meet at a certain time, go into warm ups and perform, then they are free to leave or stay (but they must be there for awards).
Some teams stay together for the whole day, but some separate. You will just have to ask the coach what your team does.

Back