Frauds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
How common is being tricked into trading something while the other person actually doesn't trade anything back? I am talking to a girl over kik and I've never done so before. Is there a way to tell if it is legitimate?

It's a lot more common than you think. I frequently trade and have unfortunately been scammed a lot.:(

one time i was selling a girl a shirt and asked for her to tell me when she sent the money she told me she did but I never got it. Because of that whenever i sell something i say i want to get the money first and then ill send you the item. good thing i didnt send the girls hers first

How common is being tricked into trading something while the other person actually doesn't trade anything back? I am talking to a girl over kik and I've never done so before. Is there a way to tell if it is legitimate?

Happened to me before. I have become very careful of who I trade with and the form of payment. With paypal you can always dispute the payment if it wasnt received.

Granted there are bound to be some bad apples in the bunch, but I have yet to have a problem with anyone I have traded with on the fierceboard.

oh geees :rolleyes: how many times that happend to me. I hate when people tell me ofcourse we can trade and then I bought shirts to them and I don't hear nothing back from them. Or it happend a month ago I sent a shirt to a girl and she said she sent my shirt too but I didn't give her my adress. So she was lying.
But happend alot when I send a shirt and don't get nothing back.

oh and if this ever happend to you...just post on fierceboard about it so we know we shouldn't trade with her

Though I do understand the frustration, some of these situations are genuinely the fact that the mail didn't work. I've been selling items recently and people have told me they sent their payment but I have yet to get it 2-3 weeks later. I feel awful but what can you do? :(

I have recently gotten scammed and I was SOOO disappointed!!! I honestly think it is pretty common. Just make sure you ask to get your stuff first!

Though I do understand the frustration, some of these situations are genuinely the fact that the mail didn't work. I've been selling items recently and people have told me they sent their payment but I have yet to get it 2-3 weeks later. I feel awful but what can you do? :(
I always tell people in my messages to send me pay-pal, a check, or money order. Some insist on sending cash though... I don't feel okay accepting cash because what happens if they mail it and it doesn't get here? And then there are some people that say they sent your shirt or whatever you were trading so you also sent yours and then you find out they didn't send theirs and you sent yours so they basically get a free shirt... I've learned to have whatever i'm trading or selling in the box ready to print out/pay for the the shipping label as soon as i get whatever i'm trading or the $$ just to make sure i'm not being scammed...

ive looked into different trading software. right now this all works like craigs list.... so its a bit of your own risk. our old software had a lot of buys that allowed you to leave feadback.

i have also had this exprenice many times. its really disappointing when you don't receive the other persons thing, and you ask them when it will be here. and they keep making the excuse of already sending it and it being lost.

Latest posts

Back