French Allstar Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
I'll be doing a study abroad in Caen, France, which is in Normandy, next semester for a year. I'm not necessarily planning to compete cheer, but I would like to keep my skills up so I could continue to do international teams when I get back, and it would be fun to make cheer friends when I'm abroad!

Are there any French cheerleaders on here? I know it's not huge there, but I was having a hard time finding info through Google (I don't even know the French word for cheerleading actually). Could anyone help me out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be doing a study abroad in Caen, France, which is in Normandy, next semester for a year. I'm not necessarily planning to compete cheer, but I would like to keep my skills up so I could continue to do international teams when I get back, and it would be fun to make cheer friends when I'm abroad!

Are there any French cheerleaders on here? I know it's not huge there, but I was having a hard time finding info through Google (I don't even know the French word for cheerleading actually). Could anyone help me out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The French word for cheerleading is cheerleading :p so that part's easy ! However, the FFFA's website doesn't list any cheerleading clubs anywhere near Caen I'm afraid. Here's the link to the gym map on the FFFA website Football Américain - Flag - Cheerleading - Les clubs (it's sorted out by location, and you need to check that the gyms listed have "cheerleading" in the activities they offer).

The best I could find were at least a good hour and a half train ride away (maybe a bit less by car for a few of them, but most foreign students don't have a car). It seems a bit far to me, but I've listed them anyway just in case. I put the link to their website when they had one with some info on it.
- Leopards Cheer - Rouen
- Corsaires - Evry
- COS TC - Savigny-sur-Orge
- Flash - La Courneuve
- Cheer Excess - Charenton-le-Pont (Cheer Excess | Club de Cheerleading Parisien
- ABCVE - Bailly Romainvilliers (ABCVE)

There were a few more on the website but I only put the ones I know have more than sideline cheer. But they're all pretty far away from Caen, and it's a lot of travel and expenses, especially if you're not looking to compete. Your best bet might be a gymnastics club to keep up with your tumbling I guess (but even those don't have a lot of information on their websites :confused:).

Back