All-Star From Courtney Pope - "the View From Backstage At The Naccc..."

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was this sarcastic or serious because there seems to be some real merit to that? I hope when and if specific studies are done on tumbling injuries they also compare gymnastic trained versus cheer trained athletes.

I was being sarcastic, but if it was backed up with some research and professional advice, I'd go with it.

CEA and WC both beat eachother at one point during the season last year. Why would Elaine want to change a rule because Twinkles lost one time? They'd work harder and come back with even more. Twinkles were competing last year against half of Jr. Elite and only barely lost in NCA. So for a respected and looked up to gym owner i think there was NO need for Courtney to call WC out because her team beat them ONCE. I think she's getting a little over her head here because as far as i'm concerned, twinkles still are the dominant youth 5 in that division no matter if they lost one competition to cea and that's most likely partly why courtney's calling them out because all of the other youth 5 teams have constantly lost and are backing up the new rules so why choose one to point fingers at?

CEA and WC both beat eachother at one point during the season last year. Why would Elaine want to change a rule because Twinkles lost one time? They'd work harder and come back with even more. Twinkles were competing last year against half of Jr. Elite and only barely lost in NCA. So for a respected and looked up to gym owner i think there was NO need for Courtney to call WC out because her team beat them ONCE. I think she's getting a little over her head here because as far as i'm concerned, twinkles still are the dominant youth 5 in that division no matter if they lost one competition to cea and that's most likely partly why courtney's calling them out because all of the other youth 5 teams have constantly lost and are backing up the new rules so why choose one to point fingers at?

I think the concern is WHY she lost that one competition. She needed "more double fulls". Don't bring the crossover rule into this, because Courtney is using an advantage that WC is CHOOSING not to use. Nobody is telling them they can't. And on top of that, correct me if I'm wrong here, NCA only allows 5 crossovers per team. WC was competing against 5 athletes that were still youth-aged, and possibly on junior elite or another junior 5 team. They were competing against 5 athletes that competed twice in the same day, and still beat WC both the times those athletes competed. Both in Youth 5 and Junior 5. CEA beating WC at NCA was a substantial win because of exactly what you said. People can't sit there and say "Starlites and Twinks competed against the same CEA team" like they always do because they didn't. They competed against 2 almost completely different teams.

Am I missing something? Did Courtney actually call WC out???? Or are we going by what CharlotteASmom says?

CEACoach used a specific example about WC Starlights and Youth Elite and many people posted guessing at what they thought her intention was. There were many posts like that well before CharlotteASmom posted.

I don't like using specific gyms or teams as examples unless you are proving a specific point, but I won't judge what her intentions were unless I ask her.

Am I missing something? Did Courtney actually call WC out???? Or are we going by what CharlotteASmom says?

Some might not consider it a callout, but in her second post she made on here she pretty much called WC out. It came off as sort of a conspiracy theory that they wanted to get rid of Youth 5 because they were told to put "more double fulls" in their routine at NCA after losing to Youth Elite. The thing is that WC wants to restrict the division not do away with it.

There were gyms from NJ that proposed eliminating the division, but that big gym (WC) actually is in favor of restricting the division. There was then a post made by Courtney that basically said that WC was doing this because at NCA they were told on their scoresheet to "add more double fulls." And then the conspriacy theories started about them wanting it gone because they were being beat.

World Cup is not for eliminating the division but instead for keeping it safer on the young bodies throwing the passes. Debbie Love was actually (I am pretty sure) also in support of restricting the division as well as Roger from Stingrays.
I missed seeing this post...thank you for telling me who else was supporting the restrictions. I was very curious.

First of all, I can't believe we are still talking about this (myself included lol).

Second of all, it makes me sad that this division has gone from a rules discussion to a personal battle between 2 gyms. I shudder when I think about who places above who at Cheersport or NCA or whatever, but let's all just please remember that these are young children we are all getting fired up about. As these big competitions approach, keep it civil and leave the kids out of it. Praise them all for their efforts regardless of where they place!! In the words of Justin Carrier, if you've made it to youth 5 you are already a winner.

Maybe i didn't read enough into the thread (my bad) but why are we talking about a competition WC lost at? im guessing someone mentioned it and I just don't pay attention. Because when the pages are this long I refuse to read the same thing over and over again lol.

I would hate to see Youth 5 go away. For one it's impressive (to me at least) to see kids Youth Aged throwing doubles, fulls, switch ups, kick doubles, etc. I think that's amazing and I think it takes a great coach to be able to teach Youth kids how to catch a double down, base a stunt, throw a basket, etc.

I just think that youth aged kids should learn how to fly and base youth aged kids not youth flyers on junior kids. They won't always learn proper technique and take advantage of the little flyer or the big base. Just from what happens at my gym I think if you were to put junior 5 and youth 5 together they won't be as competitive with each other. Its easier to be more competitive with kids that are within your age range.

KEEP YOUTH 5!!!

Maybe i didn't read enough into the thread (my bad) but why are we talking about a competition WC lost at? im guessing someone mentioned it and I just don't pay attention. Because when the pages are this long I refuse to read the same thing over and over again lol.

If you don't read the whole thread (which is only 12 pages) how do you know that you aren't posting the same thing that 7 other people posted thus causing everyone else to read the same thing over and over again?

I know you're new and don't want to be hurt, but this isn't the random thread. If you have enough passion to make a plea, you should have enough passion to read the entire thread.

Back