All-Star Gbe, Ua, Ice, Chi-town, Ace Of Il, Mce

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TheUltimateFan

Cheer Parent
Jan 9, 2012
...and anyone else coming from the frozen north. We are hearing about flights to Dallas for tomorrow being cancelled tonight. Please let us know that you are able to re-book and that you are all able to safely depart for Dallas!

Prayers for a safe and timely trip.

...and anyone else coming from the frozen north. We are hearing about flights to Dallas for tomorrow being cancelled tonight. Please let us know that you are able to re-book and that you are all able to safely depart for Dallas!

Prayers for a safe and timely trip.
oh no....how terrible!

Five people that I am aware of were already notified of flights cancelled tomorrow (American - IL and Ohio routing through O'Hare). They were able to re-book but no guarantee those flights tomorrow will depart - or not be overbooked.

Watching the news and it doesn't look to promising to have any flights/connections thru Ohare... Figures the mildest winter on record and it has to snow on our parade!!
We were stuck in Ohare for several hours last year on a connecting fight and swore never to connect in Il in winter again....THANK GOD I booked direct!
Good luck to all the cps in the midwest.... I feel for you!

Up north in CT we're getting some..don't know about Mass or if there are any teams going down to NCA. Safe travels everybody!

Up north in CT we're getting some..don't know about Mass or if there are any teams going down to NCA. Safe travels everybody!
I believe majority of MA schools are on vacation this week, so hopefully most teams were able to fly out before the weather turned! I believe ECE and Sparks both sent teams... Not sure of any others.

I've been in contact with a few families from GBE and the majority of their flights out of Milwaukee were not affected. This storm mainly hit the Chicago area. A lot of UA families actually left on Wednesday and Thursday and are already in Dallas.

The Chicago airports are not good today though, especially O'Hare. News said 350 cancelled at O'Hare today and 100 at Midway.

I've been in contact with a few families from GBE and the majority of their flights out of Milwaukee were not affected. This storm mainly hit the Chicago area. A lot of UA families actually left on Wednesday and Thursday and are already in Dallas.

The Chicago airports are not good today though, especially O'Hare. News said 350 cancelled at O'Hare today and 100 at Midway.
That seems to be consistent. When I lived in Illinois I always chose to fly out of Milwaukee whenever possible. It seems they rarely shut down and when they do they move quickly to accomodate their stranded travelers and get them on flights heading a different route. Not to mention you can get from parking to gate in about 15 minutes most times. :)

Happy to hear GBE is on their way.

PrimeTyme (Nashville,TN) had our first set of flights cancelled.. The plane was coming from Chicago.. Some jumped onto the bus we booked, others had to change the flight to later. I was wondering about the Chicago teams.

Soo after sitting on plane for almost an hour we missed our connecting flight in Nashville. Waiting on new flight to Dallas that leaves at 2:30p. Weather is great here so I guess we'll be on time. Arriving in Dallas just in time for happy hour! Even thought I'm not too happy right now. It'll be better than sitting in the airport!!

Text message from my older (non-cheerleading) daughter who is at the airport picking up Jac; "Ahhhh, cheer invasion at DFW!"

Somebody, somewhere is flying. LOL

Latest posts

Back