Happy October!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

Happy October y’all! This is an exciting month for cheerleaders across the country! This is when we get to cheer for our team playing our biggest football rivals, we get to carve pumpkins, and most importantly, we get to wear my favorite color: PINK! That’s right, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and it’s time for cheerleaders everywhere to THINK PINK!
Here in Gamecock Country, our “CheerCocks” have been hard at work raising awareness and funds in our community for cancer research. At the very beginning of the month, while some of us traveled to Kentucky to cheer at a football game, a bunch of my teammates trained, worked, and ran at our school’s ZTA Pink Ribbon 5k to help raise money for breast cancer research!
This past weekend especially was a great time for my team to give back. As we prepared for ESPN College Gameday and for the UGA bulldogs to come to town for our big football rivalry showdown, we found a way to help with awareness. As an annual tradition, both cheerleading teams from USC and UGA met up in Augusta, SC/GA for Border Bash! Both teams got the chance to come together and help fundraise for the Children’s Hospital in Augusta and meet some awesome, inspirational kids at the same time! We held pep rallies for lots of fans to bring everyone together to support the same cause! My team had such a great time with the UGA cheerleaders, and the fans had a great time getting pumped up for the game and pumped up for the support of the kids fighting cancer and other illnesses at the hospital.
Right now, all across our school, we’re preparing to completely THINK PINK for our next home game match up against Tennessee. For this game, our football team, cheerleaders, and fans will be wearing pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Awesome, right? I’m especially excited because pink is my favorite color, and I will get to wear pink shoelaces and a pink bow in my hair! This is our time to show that our support and prayers are for those who are fighting and surviving breast cancer this month. Check out these awesome pictures of the cheercocks, fans, and even my favorite football player Marcus Lattimore rocking the pink look for breast cancer awareness last season!
What is your squad planning to do this month to THINK PINK? We want to know what you are up to at your school and in your community this month to support breast cancer awareness! Need some ideas? Here are some tips for how your squad can support the cause:
  1. Plan a school-wide THINK PINK week at school. Spread the word that everyone needs to wear pink each day that
    week, and sell pink ribbons to your friends to wear in support to help raise some money for breast cancer research! Every bit of support can make a difference!
  2. Feeling active? Get your squad together and plan to run or walk at a local event to show your support for those who are fighting breast cancer! And when in doubt, do what your team does best: CHEER! My team always enjoys volunteering to cheer alongside walk/run/race events to support the participants, and it’s such a rewarding experience!
  3. Last, but not least, have a THINK PINK game for football season! Hand out pink stickers to fans, encourage them to wear pink, and get creative. Maybe your team could cheer with bright pink poms or ribbons, or even holding signs that say “GO TEAM BEAT CANCER!” and raise as much awareness as you can!
Now is the time for you to get your fans on their feet in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Have some more great ideas on how to raise awareness this month? Share them with us, and help give other cheerleaders ideas on how to give back! So get your squad together, start planning, cheer for those strong women and men fighting breast cancer, and THINK PINK! Go Cocks! Beat Cancer!
- Caitlin Cofield
The post Happy October! appeared first on .

Back