High School High School Cheer Rules?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes!!! I am glad I did that too. I got card at districts on a pancake/waterfall that the judges said was a non braced flip??? Lol. I had an email legality ruling from Bill Ahern so I won haha.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I've heard of that, I was told out to print out every email and bring it to comp lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only who feels that way lol, everything is being taped and sent in just in case lol.
Last year we sent in our tape and got the ok for everything. Didn't change a thing from the tape to the competition. Got called on 2 separate things in the warm-up room. One was a weirdly worded rule that was in fact illegal, but who knew it. Even the "we're good to go" email from Jim Lord himself didn't matter to them, we had to change the pyramid in warm-ups. The other was legal, and we had to visit 5 different people to fight it. Double and triple check with those tape submissions!

I agree completely with most of the rules that are in place, but seriously wish they had videos for each rule that showed a stunt legally done and illegally done pointing out why it works or doesn't work. It would make it so much easier. It's hard to know if you are getting creative with stunts if it follows the rules or not and as pointed out even video submission and email confirmation isn't enough. : /

I agree completely with most of the rules that are in place, but seriously wish they had videos for each rule that showed a stunt legally done and illegally done pointing out why it works or doesn't work. It would make it so much easier. It's hard to know if you are getting creative with stunts if it follows the rules or not and as pointed out even video submission and email confirmation isn't enough. : /
I agree, I think USASF started doing that at some point and it was very helpful.

AACCA Safety - YouTube

This YouTube is helpful but definitely does not cover every rule. It also hasn't been updated since last year. It would be helpful to have video examples of all rules! We had to change our pyramid at nationals last year after competing it all season with no issues.

Back