High School How Can I Help My Flyer Become More Confident With Her Twist Down?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 8, 2013
Any tips on how I can help mymflyer become confident with her twist down. She has it but when she is asked to throw it, she doesn't. Thanks

~Statebound<3

What do you mean she has it but doesn't throw it?

What do you mean she has it but doesn't throw it?

I think she means that she knows how to do the skill and has done it before, but now she is too afraid? Maybe she means like a mental block type of situation?? That would be my guess.

@GForce how could I help her get over that in about 2 weeks?

~Statebound<3

Hard to say because everyone is different. I would just try to get her confidence levels up letting her know that like you all believe in her and know she can do it. Also she needs to know that no matter what would happen, if she does it or if she would stop mid-twist, that her bases and backspot will catch her and not let anything happen. There's really only so much you can tell her. As much as she might know you all believe she can do it, she wont do it until she's ready and until she trusts in and believes in herself. You just need to be supportive no matter what.

other than what everyone else suggested you can have her practice doing it on a trampoline, onto a squishy mat, or into a pit

Back