High School How do you and your team come up with a breakdown / breakout for the end of practices?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 24, 2024
Last year, I took over the JH cheer program at my school. Because I started after tryouts and summer I just out through the season but this year I am changing up everything. I want to come up with a breakdown for us to use at the end of practices. How do you as a team or a coach come up with a breakdown? Do you use the same one every year or do you change it up?

sorry, i know this probaly isnt helpful but we always do a hype up at the beginning of practice- you could do that. This is ours (It gets louder each time you say it, the first one is basically a whisper, then builds up to a chant/yell):

Its time to get Loud,
Its time to get Lit,
(School name) Cheer
What time is it?
Its time to get Loud,
Its time to get Lit,
(School name) Cheer
What time is it?
Its time to get Loud,
Its time to get Lit,
(School name) Cheer
What time is it?
Its time to get Loud,
Its time to get Lit,
(School name) Cheer
What time is it?

when you are doing it ur in a circle and your arms are like wrapped around the people next to You's shoulders and then at the end ur all really close together and ur hands and like in the air bouncing up and down
its kinda cringy but its fun.

I do the same break down no matter what team I am coaching. It is always, [Team Name] on me, [Team Name] on three, [all together] 1,2,3 [Team Name]

Back