How Do You Choreo?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2012
How does your team choreograph their Rec routine. Do you get high school coaches, all stars, or do the parents just choreo for you?

I know you can't hire out anyone to design your routine and that always makes it a pain. My team uses our teen coaches and I make the music but I am interested in what you guys do.

our rec used an allstar coach to do the choreo! My girls go there and they gave us a really good deal and an awesome routine. Once our girls get into middle school they don't do routines, stunts or tumbling. So we try to make it a really good program for them while they are in it.

Our program goes to an allstar gym for our choreo, we also tumble and practice there. We won UCA nationals last year in youth and jr and placed 3rd in sr so its totally worth it. This season we were "kicked" out of our town competitions so we moved into allstar rec .

I always did my own. And usually parts of other teams in the organization. I love choreography.

When I first started coaching, we hired an outside choreographer...but as I got older I started choreographing our routines. Usually the head or assistant coaches do them around here.

When I coached Rec I did all my own routines but then again I coached All Star too so I guess that gave me a little edge...

Cp's youth league team's competition routine was choreographed by coaches at the local all star gym. It was then modified and reworked a bit before it was competed. No choreo for Upward...sideline cheers only.

How does your team choreograph their Rec routine. Do you get high school coaches, all stars, or do the parents just choreo for you?

I know you can't hire out anyone to design your routine and that always makes it a pain. My team uses our teen coaches and I make the music but I am interested in what you guys do.
Please dear Lord tell me you are kidding...

Anyways around here we have a lot of Rec teams come to us for choreography and tumbling/stunt classes. On the other teams I assume the junior coaches do it

Please dear Lord tell me you are kidding...

Anyways around here we have a lot of Rec teams come to us for choreography and tumbling/stunt classes. On the other teams I assume the junior coaches do it

A lot of times on Rec teams, the parents ARE the coaches though. It's hard to find junior coaches that have the commitment level to come up with a whole routine, and maybe the league doesn't allow or can't afford paid choreography.

A lot of times on Rec teams, the parents ARE the coaches though. It's hard to find junior coaches that have the commitment level to come up with a whole routine, and maybe the league doesn't allow or can't afford paid choreography.
Ok in that way I see what you mean. The way I interpreted it was just letting the team's parents get together and make up a routine.

Ok in that way I see what you mean. The way I interpreted it was just letting the team's parents get together and make up a routine.
Growing up in the Rec Cheer world of the 1990's (which I now call the vast rules wasteland... Seriously think double downs with no blue mats or cheer shoes) my mom choreographed all of our routines and when she was absent it was kinda a group effort from whichever parents decided to watch our practices.

Back