How Do You Pay For Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cali Mom

Cheer Parent
Jan 13, 2012
I know that people get paid bids but that doesn't pay for everything. How do people get the extra money to go to Worlds?

we do lots of fundraising throughout the year.. from bake sales, gym dinners, poinsettia sales, cookie dough and cheesecake sales to karaoke night.

Tax refund.
Oh, you meant, like, fundraising ideas...Sorry.

I was absolutely planning on using mine this year (assuming we get a bid) and then I realized I switched jobs and changed my deductions and now I OWE money :(

There's tons of fundraising ideas. I have plenty if you'd like some help.

Bringing this back....

PM me? We just recently got an at-large bid to the Summit and we thought the parents would say no way after getting a break down of the costs... they wanna go for it but it will be approximately $1700 per athlete (including one parent) to get over there. Luckily we only have 8 kids on our team so it isn't a huge team needing to each raise that amount but that still adds up to almost $14,000. We're talking about doing a "nationals send-off" and charging admission as well as a spaghetti feed with admission, silent auction, and a raffle but those are probably only going to net a few hundred dollars each I'm guessing. Our gym has 57 athletes so we don't have a BIG gym full of athletes to help sponser us.

Bringing this back....

PM me? We just recently got an at-large bid to the Summit and we thought the parents would say no way after getting a break down of the costs... they wanna go for it but it will be approximately $1700 per athlete (including one parent) to get over there. Luckily we only have 8 kids on our team so it isn't a huge team needing to each raise that amount but that still adds up to almost $14,000. We're talking about doing a "nationals send-off" and charging admission as well as a spaghetti feed with admission, silent auction, and a raffle but those are probably only going to net a few hundred dollars each I'm guessing. Our gym has 57 athletes so we don't have a BIG gym full of athletes to help sponser us.
I would definitlely do a Summit send off! Invite Natural Venom's 2 teams that are also going to the summit and split the profit? It would really help both your programs and I would definitely try to go!

I work. Honestly, I find I can make more at my job that I can fundraising, though I do a little of that too. Try picking up a few extra shifts if you do work/if you can and put that money solely into a World's account. Or a percentage of each pay check. If you can have your bank do it automatically (like a certain amount each month) you don't even notice it's gone. I do that for a savings account and it can add up pretty quick

I would definitlely do a Summit send off! Invite Natural Venom's 2 teams that are also going to the summit and split the profit? It would really help both your programs and I would definitely try to go!

I was thinking about doing something like. I know the Worlds teams did that last year and I was thinking maybe all the teams in WA (or at least the east side of the state) going to Worlds and Summit could get together like a weekend or two before Worlds to do a send-off exhibition with admission.

Back