All-Star How Many Allstar Programs In The Us?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Too many...lol I think imrichhowboutu made a google maps of cheer gyms in the us/world. I'm not sure how comprehensive it became. From what I remember, there were a lot of repeated entries.

Too many...lol I think imrichhowboutu made a google maps of cheer gyms in the us/world. I'm not sure how comprehensive it became. From what I remember, there were a lot of repeated entries.
i havent looked at that in a while; more of a summer project. It definitely didn't have everything. The best we can do is probably look at the USASF website for a list of member gyms in the US

imrichhowboutu said:
i havent looked at that in a while; more of a summer project. It definitely didn't have everything. The best we can do is probably look at the USASF website for a list of member gyms in the US

Unfortunately I would guess that would probably only be about 30% complete. The wiki list of gyms is probably the best list out there and I am sure it doesn't have more than half.

So I did a little project:
Went to the wiki and copied it into a spreadsheet. Now, since I was lazy, I didn't take into account whether or not the state name was included in one of the rows, or if a gym who has locations in multiple cities should count as ONE gym (gyms like ACE/CEA/Cali) or as multiple gyms. The number I got was 675. This doesn't take into account whether or not there are MORE gyms not mentioned (which I know there are) or if some gyms closed and merged. So we're looking at anywhere from 600-800 gyms in the US I'd say..

So I did a little project:
Went to the wiki and copied it into a spreadsheet. Now, since I was lazy, I didn't take into account whether or not the state name was included in one of the rows, or if a gym who has locations in multiple cities should count as ONE gym (gyms like ACE/CEA/Cali) or as multiple gyms. The number I got was 675. This doesn't take into account whether or not there are MORE gyms not mentioned (which I know there are) or if some gyms closed and merged. So we're looking at anywhere from 600-800 gyms in the US I'd say..
I think if we are talking any programs that have all star teams, there is a lot more. This weekend alone, i had 3 different gyms with teams that i've never even seen before in new jersey. Gold Medal Elite, MGA, and Starbound. I have been in this area a long time and have been to a lot of different competitions. So if those 3 could pop up out of no where, i am sure there are a lot more that have 1 team out of a gymnastics gym or something like that.

I think if we are talking any programs that have all star teams, there is a lot more. This weekend alone, i had 3 different gyms with teams that i've never even seen before in new jersey. Gold Medal Elite, MGA, and Starbound. I have been in this area a long time and have been to a lot of different competitions. So if those 3 could pop up out of no where, i am sure there are a lot more that have 1 team out of a gymnastics gym or something like that.
That I figured. I wasn't sure of the specifics of how we were going to quantify it, so I figured we'd start with a rough estimate and go from there. Would you tack on another hundred to make it 600-900? 700-900? 600/700-1000?

I guess for me I would think the average would be at least 25 per state and then when it come to texas and cali I would double and maybe triple that . Would love to know a true number but also remember their are teams that are not part of usasf too!

..just kidding i have no idea, i feel like trying to figure out how many gyms there are in america is an impossible task as there are always tiny gyms that arent advertised or ever heard of

Yeah especially cause just at Spirit Sports Palm Springs alone there are about 275 teams going so I knot that is not half of the cheer industry ya know? =) Really counting the real number would be so hard!

Yeah especially cause just at Spirit Sports Palm Springs alone there are about 275 teams going so I knot that is not half of the cheer industry ya know? =) Really counting the real number would be so hard!
We are looking at Gyms, not teams.

..just kidding i have no idea, i feel like trying to figure out how many gyms there are in america is an impossible task as there are always tiny gyms that arent advertised or ever heard of

Sometimes it isn't that they are even advertised. Some gyms prefer to just mind their business and do their own thing. They don't post on the FB. They don't look for extra attention and depending on their demographics of where they are located it is easy to get lost in the notoriety of the big gyms. Unless they go to some major competitions and beat some of the well known gyms you would never knew they existed. I used to live in NC and most people could probably name between 10 - 20 gyms max from the state. Yet when I left in 2009 there were around 70 All Star gyms of various sizes. Where I am now I have found at least 10 gyms within reasonable distance from me that no one has heard of or are not listed in the Wiki. And they like it like that so I would not put them there.

So I would add at least 10 per state then perhaps a few more for Florida, Texas, California, North Carolina, New Jersey.

Sometimes it isn't that they are even advertised. Some gyms prefer to just mind their business and do their own thing. They don't post on the FB. They don't look for extra attention and depending on their demographics of where they are located it is easy to get lost in the notoriety of the big gyms. Unless they go to some major competitions and beat some of the well known gyms you would never knew they existed. I used to live in NC and most people could probably name between 10 - 20 gyms max from the state. Yet when I left in 2009 there were around 70 All Star gyms of various sizes. Where I am now I have found at least 10 gyms within reasonable distance from me that no one has heard of or are not listed in the Wiki. And they like it like that so I would not put them there.

So I would add at least 10 per state then perhaps a few more for Florida, Texas, California, North Carolina, New Jersey.
lol that what i meant by them not being advertised their owners do not feel the need to promote the gym for whatever reason so they simply go unnoticed :)

Back