All-Star Injury Report

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2010
Other sports have injury reports of teams and their players. I think it would be kind of cool if there was a wiki like this that could just be updated. I guess you probably cannot/should not single out minors though. Just thought this would be an interesting aspect from a fan standpoint. Thoughts?

It's a great idea. Actually injury reporting should be better for the sport in general not just from a fan aspect. It would help to have accurate stats on what kind and how many injuries are occurring and help to focus more injury prevention in those areas.

Cheerforce med all girl has unfortunately experienced some injuries in the past month. But are pushing through strong.

Other sports have injury reports of teams and their players. I think it would be kind of cool if there was a wiki like this that could just be updated. I guess you probably cannot/should not single out minors though. Just thought this would be an interesting aspect from a fan standpoint. Thoughts?

Maybe a list including the injury, but not the name of the injured. We can't discuss medical and health specifics about any particular person, minor or not.

Since I know there are lots of things floating around.. this is from Marlin's twitter:
"Update on Riptide's Sydney: she is being transported to a children's hospital for observation tonight. She has a fractured skull, busted ear drum, and some bleeding. She is coherent and thanks everyone for their prayers and thoughts."

I don't think focusing on injuries is really a good idea. First of all, if i was an injured cheerleader with a lot of downtime, I would probably read the fierce board and talking about my injury isn't going to help my recovery. It's also not smart because this is a public forum, and I could just see the news getting a hold of an 'injury wiki', that wouldn't reflect well on our sport. We all know what to do to prevent injuries, but they happen on accident, and accidents are called accidents for a reason. Then there would be drama....Suzy would get her 15 minutes of fame because she is on Billy Bob's Allstars and they placed at Worlds the last 3 years. Izzy from Janky Allstars would get her feelings hurt because nobody cared about her injury. Call me a mom, but I just can't see this going well.

Since I know there are lots of things floating around.. this is from Marlin's twitter:
"Update on Riptide's Sydney: she is being transported to a children's hospital for observation tonight. She has a fractured skull, busted ear drum, and some bleeding. She is coherent and thanks everyone for their prayers and thoughts."
I've been seeing #prayforsydney on twitter lately... do you mind me asking what happened?

I've been seeing #prayforsydney on twitter lately... do you mind me asking what happened?

Search the hashtag on twitter. Based on the report here it seems as though a lot of what is being said on twitter has been sensationalized (people say shes deaf in one year, but the Maryland Marlin's twitter says its not true)...but you will get the general idea

Search the hashtag on twitter. Based on the report here it seems as though a lot of what is being said on twitter has been sensationalized (people say shes deaf in one year, but the Maryland Marlin's twitter says its not true)...but you will get the general idea

This is exactly why an injury wiki is not a good idea...aside from invasion of a minor's privacy, inaccurate reporting. Yes, I saw deaf in one ear floating past my feed this morning.

That all said, praying for quick and total healing for this athlete!!!!

I do not know what happened for fact but from what I know that she is on Maryland Marlins Junior 5 team and there was a mishap in a kick double.

Poor baby :( Hope she's alright!

I've been told this, so don't assume it's exactly correct- two CA athletes were hurt: a broken ankle, and jaw. I'm not saying names since they're minors, but the same thing kept being said over twitter/facebook. (Not in a negative way- via #prayersfor____ hashtags)

This type of report is a long time coming in my opinion. There should be some type of data base and it does not have to be avaliable to the public. But the USASF should already have this.

Back