High School Innovation Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 23, 2011
so Im choreographing a high school routine and I had a "game plan" per say but then I met with the coach and found out their tumbling isnt there (compared to this team in the past) so I think they want to go non-tumbling which is fine but I need a lot more stunt work now! anyone have any ideas of things that would be innovative and legal for a high school team??

Def have 2 pyramids, and 2 stunts. Have one of the pyramids be mostly single based. Maybe transition from one man stunts to a pyramid. Also, even non-tumble teams are allowed to do inversions into stunts, like a front walkover into load. That could be good to play with. Good luck!

Def have 2 pyramids, and 2 stunts. Have one of the pyramids be mostly single based. Maybe transition from one man stunts to a pyramid. Also, even non-tumble teams are allowed to do inversions into stunts, like a front walkover into load. That could be good to play with. Good luck!
ahhh thank you! I was playing around with inversions into stunts but I didnt want any doubt of legality :D thank you!!!

I choreographed my middle school teams routine this year and we did a 4 corner stunt and it was soo cool the judges really liked it ! here is the video ! You could eat up counts with it as a cool transition into their 2nd stunt or their pyramid !

I choreographed my middle school teams routine this year and we did a 4 corner stunt and it was soo cool the judges really liked it ! here is the video ! You could eat up counts with it as a cool transition into their 2nd stunt or their pyramid !

thank you! you and @coach.elle are lifesavers!

you could almost double everything. double jump sequences double baskets... longer dance and pyramid. i think this would be a great challenge for a choreographer,definitely will be original :)

oh your welcome, and that stunt was inspired by cheer extreme 2011 I just tweaked it so other then that I havent seen anyone do it ! I hope you choose to use it and if you need help with grips let me know ! and make sure you take a video !
Im def gonna put it in my book! I wanna use it for sure!!!

so hopefully Ill have a video for you guys soon...I put something in this routine that Ive never seen I high school do...let alone anyone eles in this manner...therefore im kinda in love

Back