All-Star Love For Ohio, Ky, And Disappointment In Midwest Elite

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
One thing I love about the cheer community is how open and welcoming gyms are for visitors from other states.
I've done a lot of traveling for different reasons like family vacations and basketball tourneys. And everytime I go to a new state I always like to visit new gyms meet ppl and buy a shirt and take pictures, while getting a workout.

I am visiting family in Ohio and called about 5 gyms and they were so welcoming on visitors especially from out of state. I want to shout out to premier kentucky Allstars, heart of Ohio, 5 star, legacy extreme and UCC for being so welcoming. The 2 gyms I wanted to visit most was Kentucky and Midwest elite, which kentucky was really welcoming. I was honestly really surprised how unopen Midwest was however. Seems that to tumble you have to register as 8 week sessions and that only and no visitors. Only way for me to be able to tumble there would be to do a half hour private for 30$. It's kind of disappointing especially with all the supporters they had during their downtime. Conclusively I am a surprised and disappointed at MWE and am thankful and want to shout out to all those other gyms, and other gyms I've visited in other states.

You must understand that gym's have liability issues and they can't let any and everyone come into their gym and tumble without some form of oversight. Also visiting a gym and tumbling at gym are two different things. I would be surpised that any gym would just allow someone "off the street" come in an tumble. I know we don't!

One thing I love about the cheer community is how open and welcoming gyms are for visitors from other states.
I've done a lot of traveling for different reasons like family vacations and basketball tourneys. And everytime I go to a new state I always like to visit new gyms meet ppl and buy a shirt and take pictures, while getting a workout.

I am visiting family in Ohio and called about 5 gyms and they were so welcoming on visitors especially from out of state. I want to shout out to premier kentucky Allstars, heart of Ohio, 5 star, legacy extreme and UCC for being so welcoming. The 2 gyms I wanted to visit most was Kentucky and Midwest elite, which kentucky was really welcoming. I was honestly really surprised how unopen Midwest was however. Seems that to tumble you have to register as 8 week sessions and that only and no visitors. Only way for me to be able to tumble there would be to do a half hour private for 30$. It's kind of disappointing especially with all the supporters they had during their downtime. Conclusively I am a surprised and disappointed at MWE and am thankful and want to shout out to all those other gyms, and other gyms I've visited in other states.

I completely stand behind midwest elite on this one, some gyms dont have any open time for tumbling. I personally dont know what their reasons are but I know that at my gym our hours of operation are completely booked with classes or practices and so the only way for someone to come in and tumble would be to take a class or private. There is no reason to be disappointed in them and there is especially no reason for you to bring up their misfortunes. They dont owe you or anyone else anything. Im sorry that you were looking forward to checking out their gym and arent able to workout there but there is no reason for you throw yourself a pitty party and to try and shun a bad light on Midwest elite.

I don't think this was a pity party - he simply stated his experience. I wouldve posted about friendly and un-friendly gyms, just like he did, if for no other reason than to let other traveling cheerleaders know that this isn't where you want to go when visiting another state. Fact is, I don't know of many gyms that would be that unwelcoming to an out-of-state visitor. If nothing else, it's marketing and good PR to let a high-level cheerleader/coach come in and tumble. All they need is a waiver to cover liability issues. That's what my gym does.

I agree with Mamarazzi. When I went travelling to PA, I tried to contact several gyms and got no response from any of them. I thought about making a post as an FYI, but thought better of it for the assumptions people would probably make that I was bashing a gym, etc.

I know my gym just has people sign a waiver if they are 18+ or have their parent/guardian sign one if they are under 18.

On a positive note, I had contacted California All-Stars to see if they had open gym hours at their Las Vegas gym for my cp when we are there later in the year, and they responded right away. They just recommended to check back with them closer to when we will be there to see if the days/hours were still the same.

I don't think this was a pity party - he simply stated his experience. I wouldve posted about friendly and un-friendly gyms, just like he did, if for no other reason than to let other traveling cheerleaders know that this isn't where you want to go when visiting another state. Fact is, I don't know of many gyms that would be that unwelcoming to an out-of-state visitor. If nothing else, it's marketing and good PR to let a high-level cheerleader/coach come in and tumble. All they need is a waiver to cover liability issues. That's what my gym does.
I agree with Mamarazzi. When I went travelling to PA, I tried to contact several gyms and got no response from any of them. I thought about making a post as an FYI, but thought better of it for the assumptions people would probably make that I was bashing a gym, etc.

Just because a gym does not have open time for people to tumble, or they require you to take classes to tumble there does not make them unwelcoming. Those are just their rules. You cant just say "im coming in ___ and want to tumble there" and expect a gym to bow down and say ok. They have their own schedule that they have to follow and their own athletes to worry about. If a gym told me that they didnt have any open time for me to tumble there while visiting and told me that I would have to jump in on a class then I would either sign up for the class or say "thank you have a good day". Its not that big of a deal..

Just because a gym does not have open time for people to tumble, or they require you to take classes to tumble there does not make them unwelcoming. Those are just their rules. You cant just say "im coming in ___ and want to tumble there" and expect a gym to bow down and say ok. They have their own schedule that they have to follow and their own athletes to worry about. If a gym told me that they didnt have any open time for me to tumble there while visiting and told me that I would have to jump in on a class then I would either sign up for the class or say "thank you have a good day". Its not that big of a deal..
I was trying to find the wording and you said it perfectly, thank you! I think this shows how entitled some people feel nowadays!

I don't think he meant to "bash" a gym or whatever. I give him credit for voicing his opinion. Think about when you go out to dinner, if you had a bad experience there, do you tell other people to eat there...? No but if it's a good place, you tell everyone to try it out and give them good reviews.

I don't think he meant to "bash" a gym or whatever. I give him credit for voicing his opinion. Think about when you go out to dinner, if you had a bad experience there, do you tell other people to eat there...? No but if it's a good place, you tell everyone to try it out and give them good reviews.
But he never made a 'reservation' at a restaurant that clearly asks for them....if you plan poorly it is not the restaurants fault.

It wasnt that big of a deal...and...Um...where I'd I say unwelcoming or felt I was entitled?? All I said was I tried contacting several gyms and got no response...and here is the perfect example of why I didn't post in the first place @@. Seriously...I emailed, called during business hours, and left voicemails. Literally got no response. So we didn't go. I'm not belly aching, but AGAIN considered letting people know as an FYI

Back