All-Star My Take On Worlds 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have to wonder if they will eliminate the non tumbling division or if the division slowly diminishes possibly at some point now that they have the extra small divisions and more open teams.... just a random thought
Non-tumbling came after X-small and at the same time as the newer Open divisions. With them being the largest (coed) and one of the top 5 largest (all girl) divisions at Worlds, I don't see that happening.

Allowing ties some years but absolutely not allowing them others I find annoying. same with allowing ties in some divisions but not others.

Again, event producer. I have never worked for an EP that allowed ties. We always, always had to review routines and scores, in agreement with the EP and the head judge. I don't understand ties on the Worlds sheet tbh, except when deductions/legalities make them.

I read somewhere that WC won't have a large coed as long as TG doesn't have a Large All Girl.

No idea if that agreement was ever made.
i mean whether true or not, seems kinda pointless since world cup has struggled to have even a medium coed team for years. I know odyssey has gone between small coed and medium for years.

i have to wonder if they will eliminate the non tumbling division or if the division slowly diminishes possibly at some point now that they have the extra small divisions and more open teams.... just a random thought

I think NT is here to stay. 2019 - 13 IO5NT teams (all countries), 2021 - 39 IO6NT US teams, and there were 16 listed in Canada alone. I'm sure more in other Intl countries, so there would have likely been at least 55+ teams in attendance this year if it wasn't for the pandemic. 2019 - IOC5NT had about 30 teams, 2021 - IOC6NT had 65 US teams, and 9 more from Canada., making it over 75 teams in that division. Co-Ed was already split into A and B this year at Worlds because it was so big.

Add in a year of no tumbling/training in some countries and some older athletes (in Canada at least) are already aware that they're not going to get their tumbling back to the same level it was at. I think they actually need to divide the NT divisions into small and large co-ed, or go back to trials or something (Don't hate on me!! I'm not pro more divisions, but this is reminding me of years when there were senior divisions fo 80/90+ teams and only 10 moved on)

Doubt that as over 65 teams at Worlds in coed.....I wonder what international ones we would of seen this year. Definitely need to go split large and small next year!

Back to cheer Twitter, my twin sister who is no longer involved in cheer made a Twitter account to keep up with summit(our little cousin was competing), and worlds(our little sister was competing.) Well I guess at some point she made the comment “cheer anons are one of the problems in allstar cheer.” Well she is now getting bullied, harassed, among other things because of her opinion. But what gets me the most is that she said that almost all the anons bullying her tweet about being anti bullies in the world of allstar cheer. I told her I wouldn’t have even made a Twitter account to begin with, but she LOVES social media .

I think NT is here to stay. 2019 - 13 IO5NT teams (all countries), 2021 - 39 IO6NT US teams, and there were 16 listed in Canada alone. I'm sure more in other Intl countries, so there would have likely been at least 55+ teams in attendance this year if it wasn't for the pandemic. 2019 - IOC5NT had about 30 teams, 2021 - IOC6NT had 65 US teams, and 9 more from Canada., making it over 75 teams in that division. Co-Ed was already split into A and B this year at Worlds because it was so big.

Add in a year of no tumbling/training in some countries and some older athletes (in Canada at least) are already aware that they're not going to get their tumbling back to the same level it was at. I think they actually need to divide the NT divisions into small and large co-ed, or go back to trials or something (Don't hate on me!! I'm not pro more divisions, but this is reminding me of years when there were senior divisions fo 80/90+ teams and only 10 moved on)

I’m interested to see if any of those teams (specifically from the hard hit by closure areas of the US) leave the NT division for the upcoming season or if there will be a shift in some of the gym’s training focus as they build teams the next few years

Back