All-Star My Take On Worlds 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. I do not understand the need for the Senior Open division. I feel like this is what I would make disappear if I could.

It's probably different in Canada, but in the US, these divisions are already more popular than the International divisions, likely because the Intl divisions only allow 3 per country into Finals. That worked fine back when there were hardly any US Intl teams, but now there are a ton of teams and the 3 per country rule no longer makes sense when Worlds is still predominantly an American competition. The 3 Sr Open divisions at Worlds were all stronger than their Intl Open counterparts. I would probably eliminate all the Intl divisions (that never have any foreign teams in them, except for Worlds), and instead integrate those teams into the regular Sr divisions where the 10 best teams advance. The concern with doing that is that the Finalists would end up being mostly North American, which would discourage Mongolia from sending their Level 2 team that can breeze into Finals in an Intl division because they're the only one from their country.

The team size of 24 with no max age restriction is appealing to teams. It's not really big enough for Medium, but you also don't have to turn away kids to become Small, and you don't have to turn away a kid because they turn 19 on May 31st instead of the June 1st cutoff. I don't know what other sports have a max age cutoff at the highest level.

Last edited:
There should've been an Awards ceremony. Given how so few teams make it to Finals and receive an actual award, it wouldn't have been that difficult to organize something safe outdoors. At Worlds, the top 3 should be standing on a medal podium, and other sports have managed to spread out the 3 tiers of the podium and hold a safe Awards. They were fine holding Awards indoors when the TV people wanted them to, which means it was doable.

Watching athletes run off the floor after their routines as if they were being chased by wolves was just too much. I think the rules were trying to prevent excessive, prolonged celebrating (like the NFL), such as coaches running out and falling onto the floor in a 5 minute tearful embrace with their kids or pompous behavior, but normal basic celebrating like high fives, short hugs, and fist pumps were fine. As long as the team got off the floor in a reasonable time frame, it should have been fine. But teams were so terrified of getting penalized that many of them robotically ran off the floor after barely even holding their ending pose. And instead of coaches cheering for their team's hit routine, they instead had to shoo their kids off the floor.

Worlds is the greatest competition of these athletes' lives--- many teams aren't competitive enough to reach Finals, globes, and titles, and the main excitement they get is hitting their routine, so let them have their moment. It's such a natural release of emotions once your routine is finished and you know you did it. Other sports let you take some sort of bow after your routine, so expecting athletes to show no emotion afterwards and just scurry off the floor like mice is inhuman. It's not like the next team immediately came out onto the floor, so what was the rush.

Despite little things like this, the competition still had the usual Worlds magic and was very exciting to follow.

It's probably different in Canada, but in the US, these divisions are already more popular than the International divisions, likely because the Intl divisions only allow 3 per country into Finals. That worked fine back when there were hardly any US Intl teams, but now there are a ton of teams and the 3 per country rule no longer makes sense when Worlds is still predominantly an American competition. The 3 Sr Open divisions at Worlds were all stronger than their Intl Open counterparts. I would probably eliminate all the Intl divisions (that never have any foreign teams in them, except for Worlds), and instead integrate those teams into the regular Sr divisions where 10 teams advance. The concern with doing that is that the Finalists would end up being mostly North American, which would discourage Mongolia from sending their Level 2 team that can breeze into Finals because they're the only one from their country.

The team size of 24 with no max age restriction is appealing to teams. It's not really big enough for Medium, but you also don't have to turn away kids to become Small, and you don't have to turn away a kid because they turn 19 on May 31st instead of the June 1st cutoff. I don't know what other sports have a max age cutoff at the highest level.
Agreed. Senior Open 100% needs to stay. Those are the absolute last 3 divisions I would ever get rid of.

I would also like to add that people need to stop trying to devaluate a teams win. I am so over the “ abc allstars worked hard and deserved first” “123 allstars hasn’t won in years, they deserve it more.” All the teams competing have worked hard, and put in the countless hours of blood, sweat, and tears. At the end me of the day, everyone wants to win the gold medal, first place globe, and ring but a lot like life, not everyone can win first place or be the “best.”

if you are mad/upset about your placement at worlds instead of degrading the other team get in the gym and work that much harder...and basically just put your all into it, and go on that mat the following season basically mad as h**** and put out the best routine of your life.

I’m also sick of the whole “worlds is rigged” which often times translates to “so and sos favorite team didn’t win.

Agreed. Senior Open 100% needs to stay. Those are the absolute last 3 divisions I would ever get rid of.

I read somewhere on here that these are most popular because it is becoming harder to field senior-aged Worlds kids to cheer (males especially) than it is to find open aged folk - in some gyms. Obviously the mega gyms have less of this issue but for many gyms it is easier for them to pull together (example) an Open Senior Small Coed than a Small or Medium Coed 6.

YES! PAge 21 here: https://usasfmain.s3.amazonaws.com/Worlds/docs/20-21/usasf_worlds_cheer_info-packet.pdf

Some of it makes sense and is explicit (chest bumps) but others are incredibly vague (Public displays of affection?). It says even high fives are not allowed which seems joyless to me. But the kicker is that penalties MAY be assessed. I don't support rules that are so unclear when they will or won't be applied and, if applied in the strictest sense, would be extremely punitive.
so something else caught my attention when reading some of these pages...

. UNIFORM SKIRT/SHORT GUIDELINES — When a skirt is worn as part of the uniform, briefs under the skirt are required. The skirt must fully cover the hips. The skirt must completely cover the briefs and must fall 1 inch below the briefs (regular and boy-cut briefs). When shorts are worn as part of the uniform, there must be a minimum of a 2-inch inseam.

i wanna know how prodigy midnight got away with breaking this rule with the uniform they had this year. Not hating, but those skirts were ungodly short.... maybe its a super lax rule and more so a guideline, but i mean they spend three bullet points explaining how a uniform should fit.

3. Proud of Upper Merion Royals being the first team here from Pennsylvania to Globe, ever? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The state of PA got their first three globes this weekend!
I’m not sure who you want to consider “first” because two were even the same division. Lol

CA Pittsburgh Platinumcats (Bronze IO6)
Rockstar Pittsburgh Supermodels (Silver IO6)
UMAS Royals

The state of PA got their first three globes this weekend!
I’m not sure who you want to consider “first” because two were even the same division. Lol

CA Pittsburgh Platinumcats (Bronze IO6)
Rockstar Pittsburgh Supermodels (Silver IO6)
UMAS Royals
OMG I didn't even see that! Congrats to our state of PA!

so something else caught my attention when reading some of these pages...

. UNIFORM SKIRT/SHORT GUIDELINES — When a skirt is worn as part of the uniform, briefs under the skirt are required. The skirt must fully cover the hips. The skirt must completely cover the briefs and must fall 1 inch below the briefs (regular and boy-cut briefs). When shorts are worn as part of the uniform, there must be a minimum of a 2-inch inseam.

i wanna know how prodigy midnight got away with breaking this rule with the uniform they had this year. Not hating, but those skirts were ungodly short.... maybe its a super lax rule and more so a guideline, but i mean they spend three bullet points explaining how a uniform should fit.
Agreed! And this language is stronger, MUST is used a few times. So, they must except for when we ignore it. Not arguing for or against the rule, but if you are going to have a rule shouldn’t it be enforced? And if it isn’t always enforced we get into favoritism...

1. Top Gun is the second all star gym Ive ever falling in love with (Kentucky Elite was the first) and I have followed their teams for years. Congratulations on winning 3 Gold medals this weekend for the first time ever.

2. TGLC finally breaking what I felt like was their own worlds curse. I got the feels from watching all of their reaction videos.

3. WCSS coming back and rocking that routine.

4. CJA winning a gold medal finally

5. Petition for Lady Jags and F5 to go large next season.

6. BSB being BSB

I didn't get to follow much more of the competition. Also TGLC please bring back a updated version of the 2014 black uniform.
hell yeah to LJ for Large All Girl! please make this happen

I've always said I would love to see:

1. A Large Coed from SOT.
2. A LAG6 Lady Jags or Gens.
3. Cali Coed back in Large Coed.
4. Coed Elite back in Large Coed.
5. A LAG6 A-Team.

LAG6 & LARGE COED are hard to get in and be competitive.

Coed in particular because senior-aged males are in short supply. Hence why everyone is small or medium senior coed or OPEN coed.

Large All Girl is hard to field unless you're a larger program. There are very few gyms with a talent pool like (example) Cheer Athletics, Rays, etc. that is large enough to field a LAG6 and still have enough talent for 3-5 other Worlds teams. For some gyms, 36-40 Worlds females is literally the WHOLE senior Worlds talent pool for the entire gym or most of it.

I Loooooved Gens when they were large. They had a really rough showing at Worlds that year, but still loved that routine. I would love to see them back in large.

Back