OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Update on the car situation:

I have a rental car for a max of 30 days, I'm getting $8,000 from the insurance for my car (WAY more than KBB and way more than I expected), have been looking at Mazda CX-7 and Chevrolet Equinox, and am going to look at a car saturday morning! I am ok, still sore and back is still hurting but that will work itself out!

Thank y'all so much for your support....I love my fierceboard family :kiss:
We bought a used Nissan Rogue 3 years ago and love it!

So me and my boyfriend mutually broke up yesterday. We've been dating almost 2 1/2 is years and we really just don't get along anymore. I'm not saying I have my life together, but I know exactly what I want to do for school and what my major is and I'm just a really organized person with life things. And he is not. He just graduated in may and has no idea where he is going to college or anything. It drives me INSANE. But we're both okay. Its sad but it really just needed to be done.

Also, two weeks ago my car also broke down (again, I was also an hour from home and had no triple A's left) and it has yet to be fixed. My radiator hose busted driving down the interstate, and advanced auto parts has given us the wrong parts TWICE now. Im so beyond frustrated because I've been having to get rides to and from work and some nights I don't get off until 12:30 or 1, and I feel bad.

Will do!! Please do the same. It's the first time our gym has had a team in this division so I really know next to nothing about all the teams.

Teams I already know to watch for:
Lady Lightning
Woodlands
Stingrays has two teams--Crystal and their new one Apple. Both of our gyms will see these two teams during the season.

I am sure there are lots of others we need to find out about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Lightning
Woodlands
Stingrays has two teams--Crystal and their new one Apple. Both of our gyms will see these two teams during the season.

Crystal isn't a team this year. They became small coed and are Smoke!

I'm a little too excited about the giant cow bobble head I got for my garden.

(Also found a recording of Fun Home on youtube. The chances of me saving enough money to afford to see it are slim to none, so that's as close as I'll get to seeing it. Fingers crossed Hamilton appears after it opens.)
I am so looking forward to seeing Fun Home when I head up to NYC in a few months. The clips I've seen (particularly 'Ring of Keys') give me absolute chills. That little girl is way too good a performer to be only 11 years old.

And Hamilton should be awesome too.

'Telephone Wire' is pretty good, too. But 'Edges of the World' (particularly the ending) was amazing.
My hopes for Hamilton went up after I found out that The Roots are producing the soundtrack. (Random fact; Thayne and Neil from SYTYCD are in the ensemble)
And who doesn't love the Roots?

I am so looking forward to seeing Fun Home when I head up to NYC in a few months. The clips I've seen (particularly 'Ring of Keys') give me absolute chills. That little girl is way too good a performer to be only 11 years old.

And Hamilton should be awesome too.

I watched the video of Sydney Lucas (the actress who plays Small Alison) performing Ring of Keys at the celebration they had in NYC for the U.S. Women's Soccer team. It was awesome and I loved that they chose Fun Home to be showcased there. Because 1. I'm pretty sure the team has at least one member whose gay and 2. Fun Home was produced by an all female team and dominated at the Tonys. Do you see the parallel? ;) I'm all about girl power.

I watched the video of Sydney Lucas (the actress who plays Small Alison) performing Ring of Keys at the celebration they had in NYC for the U.S. Women's Soccer team. It was awesome and I loved that they chose Fun Home to be showcased there. Because 1. I'm pretty sure the team has at least one member whose gay and 2. Fun Home was produced by an all female team and dominated at the Tonys. Do you see the parallel? ;) I'm all about girl power.
Fun Home is the ultimate girl power musical, one main reason why I love it :)
And Sydney Lucas is an unbelievable talent...

Lady Lightning
Woodlands

Yes. And CEA SSX, California Allstars Lady Bullets and many. many more! I understand that Small Senior is an extremely tough division!!! Which gym/team are y'all if you don't mind me asking? Would you DM me if you prefer to not share it out in a forum? And my sincere apologies that I may have known and since forgotten! :confused:

Bringing it back to car talk because I'm in a sticky situation currently. So my parents bought me a new car in May. I have been driving since 2012 and the car I was driving had over 200,000 miles on it and was overall dangerous to drive. So my generous parents made the investment for a new one. I've never been in an accident before but the other night I was pulling into my garage and scraped the side. It looks like mostly paint from the garage but I went to get an estimate from an auto place and it is over $1600 to fix. My parents are extremely angry as am I at myself....do I pay to fix it, get another quote, leave it be or what? It's a lot of money especially on top of the car payments, insurance, gas etc

Bringing it back to car talk because I'm in a sticky situation currently. So my parents bought me a new car in May. I have been driving since 2012 and the car I was driving had over 200,000 miles on it and was overall dangerous to drive. So my generous parents made the investment for a new one. I've never been in an accident before but the other night I was pulling into my garage and scraped the side. It looks like mostly paint from the garage but I went to get an estimate from an auto place and it is over $1600 to fix. My parents are extremely angry as am I at myself....do I pay to fix it, get another quote, leave it be or what? It's a lot of money especially on top of the car payments, insurance, gas etc

If it's not too deep or noticeable I would either leave it or if you can afford to do it go to a pep boys or auto zone or any auto store near you and get touch up paint that matches your car color (you can look it up in the books in the store). You could buff the scratch out and use the paint to cover it. Way cheaper and easy to do by yourself. There's videos on YouTube and the workers at your local store should be able to tell you what you need and how to do it.

ETA: I recently got the whole front bumper and headlights to my car replaced for only 1200. So for a scratch that does seem excessive, but I haven't seen it and I don't know what auto repair prices are like in your area.

Last edited:

Get another quote. My sister did the same thing and the first guy she went to told her she was going to have to replace the entire door. For a scratch. Outrageous.

Latest posts

Back