All-Star Open Sr Teams In Maryland?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 23, 2010
One of our Girls is going to stay close to Washington for about a year and would be interested in cheering at an Open Team...does anyone know if there are Open Sr Teams around that area?

Thanks in advance :)

How old is the young lady and do you know what area she will be staying in? When you say open sr. team do you mean and International open team or a club sr. team? You can pm me if you want and I can give you some information or post it here.

She is 19 and will be staying in Bethesda
I don't really know the difference between Int open and club sropen teams? Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Okay if she is 19 it would be an internation open team and I know Dream All Stars has a level 6 and they are Gaithersburg same county that Bethesda is in. You can also try Black Ice at Md. Twisters in Glen Burnie there are carpools from Montgomery County to the gym. they are level 5 and there is also Cheer Thunder in Millersville they are level 6. I believe that unique in Columbia may have an open team next year but I dont know if it will be a level 5 or 6. Do you know what kind of tumbling she has?

International would be the best bet for her because of her age, MD Twisters has an International team called Black Ice, other than that though I don't know of any others in the area

Well she doesn't have alot of tumbling unfortunately, she is very close to getting her BHS but that's about it at the moment
But she is a great Base, also for Level 5 Stunts , she can do all kinds of tictocs, fullups and double downs as well as Level 6 Stunts of course

maryland twisters has an international open team called black ice and they also have a senior open level 5 team called velocity. maryland marlins also has a senior open level 5 team called vortex. check at those places. with maryland twisters growing tremendously next year they might have a level 6 team starting...who knows.

I Cheer on the Open 6 team at Cheer Thunder. I commute from the Washington area for our once a week practices (which is nice given gas prices). We are having Tryouts May 14th, 15th, and 21st and would be happy to come have you watch us as practice! you can go to www.cheerthunder.com for more information about tryouts and contact info for the gym emails get quick replies =)

Thank you so much for your answers! She will most probably start her year abroad in July so the next question would be if trying out would also be possible around that date, but i'll give her all the Contact Details of the Gyms so she can ask herself

East Coast Majestic also has an open team. Glen Burnie area and as far as logistics go, Dream is closest to you. But if you car pool with above Cheer Thunder rider, that works too (they have a very good Open girl team this year). We don't have anyone coming from the Bethesda area, but if you are interested in our info, please pm me. Best of luck to you.

East Coast Majestic also has an open team. Glen Burnie area and as far as logistics go, Dream is closest to you. But if you car pool with above Cheer Thunder rider, that works too (they have a very good Open girl team this year). We don't have anyone coming from the Bethesda area, but if you are interested in our info, please pm me. Best of luck to you.
Thank you! =)

Back