All-Star Prayers For Family Needed And Word Of Caution

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
I came across this story earlier in the week. A 16 year-old level 10 gymnast, Gina Morri, was out on a training run with her teammates on Tuesday and was hit by a dump truck. She was rushed to the hospital and went into surgery to repair a collapsed lung. While in surgery she suffered cardiac arrest. She was stabilized shortly after but unfortunately the severity of her brain injuries were still unknown. It turns out that on Thursday she passed away from her brain injuries. Please pray for this family and her teammates as this was a very tragic accident.

I know that now that it is summer, many gyms will have training and conditioning runs outside and possibly near high traffic areas. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. While cars and most vehicles can see you running on the street, many big vehicles like dump trucks, busses and large vans have blind spots where seeing you can be difficult. Always be aware and run on a track or on grass if at all possible.

Here is the news link to the story:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2156023.shtml

So terribly sad. My prayers are with her family and team.

Also remember that even if a truck or large vehicle does see you, they aren't able to stop as fast as a car can- the bigger and heavier they are the longer it takes! Stay safe friends. You are precious!

Back