OT Regional Food

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Totally forgot about Katz's Deli. The corned beef sandwiches....my mouth is watering.

Also bialys - are they just a NY thing or are they everywhere?

I've come to learn living in NYC that even if you don't like pizza a lot, you're still passionate about it. In my hood (Astoria, Queens) and elsewhere:
Pizza-Just combo
Thai- Lait off union sq and 16th or Chai up on 55th and 8th
Greek- I live in Greek land, pick one. I like Ovelia.
Burger: Burger Club
German Sausage from Max's on 30th ave.
Brunch: Vesta
Italian: anywhere on Arthur Ave in the Bronx (I think I've been to Dominicks) or this amazing place on Ditmars.

Pizza and bagels are nyc only UNLESS I go to the bagel place my friend works at. There are so many new restaurants I want to try.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Five Guys is amazing! I know they have it in most places in Florida. I believe it's also all over the US. Here's a store list by state from their website: Store List by State | Five Guys Burgers and Fries
I like In N Out better. But Five Guys is still pretty good and their soda machines are so cool!

1) We DO NOT eat waffles as breakfast! We eat it as a dessert or a snack in the afternoon. Not as breakfast! the only times I ever ate waffles for breakfast was when I was in the USA...absolutely loved it though! might introduce it here:) Also our waffles are different: you find many kinds of wrapped ones when going to a supermarket, but in a restaurant or from a vendor on the street you'll either have Luikse Wafel(in flemish)/gauffre de liège(in French). which is a heavy waffle with big clumps of Sugar in it.

the other is the Brusselse Wafel/gauffre de Bruxelles, which is a light one but more crispy, usually topped with icing Sugar and fruit, whipped cream or icecream.
I've had real Belgian waffles! There's this random Belgium guy in the Sacramento are who has a waffle food truck thing and is always at my schools events. I had one with ice cream and it was delicious!

Also, in NorCal/Orgeon/Washington there's a coffee chain called Dutch Bros and it's amazing. I always get an iced White Zombie off their secret menu. I'm not sure what it is, but it's delicious, and overall the chain is just awesome. The people that work their are really nice too!
Annnnnd, in September I'm going to be in London for a few days before going to Paris, so if you London folk have recommendations for anything near Kings Cross Station (we're staying near there), that'd be great!

I like In N Out better. But Five Guys is still pretty good and their soda machines are so cool!

I've had real Belgian waffles! There's this random Belgium guy in the Sacramento are who has a waffle food truck thing and is always at my schools events. I had one with ice cream and it was delicious!

Also, in NorCal/Orgeon/Washington there's a coffee chain called Dutch Bros and it's amazing. I always get an iced White Zombie off their secret menu. I'm not sure what it is, but it's delicious, and overall the chain is just awesome. The people that work their are really nice too!
Annnnnd, in September I'm going to be in London for a few days before going to Paris, so if you London folk have recommendations for anything near Kings Cross Station (we're staying near there), that'd be great!

Dutch Bros sounds familiar! I lived in Oregon from 1997-2005 so I was a little kid but it sounds familiar!

and my favorite thing: THE SODA MACHINES. They have absolutely everything in their soda machines: they have peach Sprite!!! Any soda flavor imaginable, it's there.

Are you guys talking about the machines with the touch screens that you choose a soda and then a flavor? Do you only have them at Five Guys? They are all over the place in Chicago - or I'd have never seen them because I won't go to Five Guys for any reason ever. Eeewwww.

Are you guys talking about the machines with the touch screens that you choose a soda and then a flavor? Do you only have them at Five Guys? They are all over the place in Chicago - or I'd have never seen them because I won't go to Five Guys for any reason ever. Eeewwww.

We have them at Firehouse Subs, Five Guys, Seasons of Japan, and I'm sure more but that's all I've seen them at

With all due respect, why don't you like Five Guys?! And yeah, as far as I know, in NJ, that's the only place I've ever seen them.

We have them at Firehouse Subs, Five Guys, Seasons of Japan, and I'm sure more but that's all I've seen them at

Well good - I can finally like Chicago for something. :p We have the soda!!!! :cheering: I don't even drink soda but I love those machines.

With all due respect, why don't you like Five Guys?! And yeah, as far as I know, in NJ, that's the only place I've ever seen them.

Just gross. The bun is always so greasy it's actually wet. Ditto for the fries. It's just all too mushy. The whole meal seems like it's already half digested when I get it. (I know, gross, but you asked...:eek: ) I really have tried to like it since everyone always wants to eat there, but I just can't.

Don't get me wrong - I love a good messy meal. But mushy is just too much for me. It's like they use grease as a condiment.

The BK by me has the soda machine....I don't ever drink soda...except in the very once in a blue moon I have bk, because of the machine.

I thought you said you don't sink soda but every once in a while you drink blue moon! I was thinking,"do they put the orange in the glass too?"

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!
I hate autocorrect and my German fat thumbs!!!! Ugh

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Back