Shoulder Flexibility

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My shoulder flexibility = 0 but I've been stretching a lot lately! If I were flexible enough, I'd do back bends and leeeeeaan backwards, straightening your legs. I used to be flexible enough to do those before I hurt my back, but they always helped a lot! Now, I sit on my knees facing a tall bed or couch. Put my arms up on the bed and hang my head down (looks like you're bowing down or something). Make sure you relax your neck and shoulder muscles, and gravity will do the rest.

Take a broom stick, some sort of stretchy elastic or a jump rope, you start with your hands far apart hold the broom stick in front of you and rotate it over your head and all the way to your back. Then to bring it back forward if you are very un flexible you can lean forward.....as you get more flexible you bring it back to the front without leaning over and you can move your hands closer together.
Sorry if this doesn't make since for something so simple I'm sure having trouble explaining it with words....:oops:

I have superrrr unflexible shoulders as well and part of it is because my pecs and chest are pretty tight so I have stretch those as well.

Aside from the tubing stretch VTX suggested (it works wonders!) my favorite (and least favorite cause it hurts) is:
Laying on your stomach with your arms by your ears, have a partner grab your elbows (it helps if you hold onto their arms as well) and pull your arms up/back while keeping your torso on the ground - it'll focus on stretching your pecs and shoulders instead of your low back.

Back