Shoulder Stands- Hs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 14, 2010
The new AACCA rules say that singled based stunts where the bases hands are under the feet are illegal without a spotter. This makes shoulder stands still LEGAL because the bases hands are on the back of the top's calfs. My question is:

Can you do a shoulder stand 'fake hitch'? One base's hand on the back of the calf and the other under the toe of the top's other foot, arm extended. (like the mid and guy in a coed 1-1-1)

The new AACCA rules say that singled based stunts where the bases hands are under the feet are illegal without a spotter. This makes shoulder stands still LEGAL because the bases hands are on the back of the top's calfs. My question is:

Can you do a shoulder stand 'fake hitch'? One base's hand on the back of the calf and the other under the toe of the top's other foot, arm extended. (like the mid and guy in a coed 1-1-1)

I'd try to do the the hitch with the base grabbing the ankle of the hitch leg. The other hand still rest behind the calf but grabbing the hitching ankle and pushing up.

Back