OT Small People Problems- Where To Buy Professional Looking Clothes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
hey yall,

so I came to the sad conclusion that I don't own real people clothes. lol my wardrobe literally consists of soffee shorts, tshirts, sweats, and ugg boots, with the occasional khakis and AT polo. For my particular field I'm going into, I won't necessarily need to dress up often, but I will need the clothes on hand. That being said, I think I can blame my lack of wardrobe on my small stature... I'm a wopping 4' 11", 90 lbs soaking wet.... not much luck finding "big girl" clothes. However, I know that many of you are also itty bitty human beings, so someone has to have a secret to how they do it. Where do ya'll find professional dress clothes and shoes for someone child size?
Thanks!

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

Express has size 00 and they come in short length. Ann Taylor Loft has 00P, though I find that their clothes run big, so that size might not work.

Gap has 00 short online, you could try that, I think Banana Republic has 00 as well, though that's pricier. My work dress pants are basically all Express and Gap.

I'm like 110 and a 00 in everything. I have bad news for you... adult store 00's aren't as small as juniors.

LOFT, White House Black Market, The Limited and Express 00's are all huge.

Banana Republic and Gap are my favorites and they're probably your best bet. Banana doesn't sell 00P in stores so you have to order it online. However, to keep it from costing a fortune you'll want to wait for a sale (they're always having them) and may want to sign up for the credit card. You get 30% off your purchase with the Banana Republic card and then you rack up Banana bucks when you make purchases. You can use these Banana buck things at Gap, Piperlime and Old Navy too.

J Crew makes a pretty good sized 00 too, especially in skirts. Their pants may be huge on you but their pencil skirts fit well.

ETA: Calvin Klein makes a 00 too that's little! They have outlets as well and you can get them really cheap.

I'm like 110 and a 00 in everything. I have bad news for you... adult store 00's aren't as small as juniors.

LOFT, White House Black Market, The Limited and Express 00's are all huge.

Banana Republic and Gap are my favorites and they're probably your best bet. Banana doesn't sell 00P in stores so you have to order it online. However, to keep it from costing a fortune you'll want to wait for a sale (they're always having them) and may want to sign up for the credit card. You get 30% off your purchase with the Banana Republic card and then you rack up Banana bucks when you make purchases. You can use these Banana buck things at Gap, Piperlime and Old Navy too.

I wouldn't recommend a credit card - you only get that discount the first time you use it. You're probably better off getting a generic rewards card than a store one. Gap frequently sends out promo codes - often up to 30% off and the code usually works at any of the Gap stores.

Express almost always have a spend $X get $Y off deal, I never buy online from either of those stores without a sale. I get texts from Express so if I'm store I can usually just pull up the text message and give them the promo code.

Do they have Kohl's near you? My mom works there so I get clothes from them all the time. I'm not as small as you (5' 5", 125-130), but I know they not only have a petite/misses section, but also their juniors section has some more grown-up office-type clothing. You might have some luck with that?

Do they have Kohl's near you? My mom works there so I get clothes from them all the time. I'm not as small as you (5' 5", 125-130), but I know they not only have a petite/misses section, but also their juniors section has some more grown-up office-type clothing. You might have some luck with that?
Very true. The Kohl's juniors section has inexpensive dress pants in small sizes.

I'm 5'0" and 115-ish lbs and pretty much do my professional shopping at New York & Co and H&M. NYC has a great petite section which has been my savior for dress pants, and they have deals up the wazoo. It's great. H&M I get a lot of sweaters and dressy shirts at. I've also found stuff at JCP in the petite section too, but not as often. I've found a lot of the petite sections in most stores are made for short older women with fupa's, which I'm neither. It's a struggle for sure, but keep searching and you'll find stuff! I've gotten a lot of shoes at Payless too, and they have BOGO's a lot which is nice. I'm more average shoe size (7-7.5) so that hasn't been too bad, but Payless does carry most of the same styles in a 5 too. Good luck!

we do have kohls around here, and it is my best friend lol
I normally wear a 12 slim pant in little girls, and they dont really sell dress pants in those sizes... so i normally buy 00 and spend more money on the hemming/taking them in than the actual pants. but Kohls has definitely been a blessing in disguise. some how i managed to find suits in kids.... why they make dress suits for kids dont ask. but they were super cheap and i wear them all the time. but thats also the extent of my "professional clothes" lol

I love this thread, I have a similar issue and it is frustrating. Unlike you, I am a bit taller at 5' 6.5" and 120 at most, average 115. So I can not do petites. I am in my 40's and professional, so juniors is out of the question and nothing womens sizes even the 00 fits me. Needless to say I make quite a bit of my own clothes and the name brand designers that carries 00 and 2 will fit, but they are usually expensibe. I have figured that Bebe and Arden B 00 and 2's do fit. but then they only have about 2 items in that size so forget waiting for a sale......Good luck

If you like solid colors Gap Kids has a line of pieces made for school uniforms that appear to be really good quality. They have cardigans and a few different cuts of pants available in slim fit. Their normal stuff is more expensive than the uniform pieces but its all super cute

I'm in denial that little showstopper is asking about "after graduation" clothes...I am getting d and have been on the boards to long....

Back