Music Song Suggestions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2010
Happy Monday Fierce Boarders! :D

I understand that we've already got more than enough threads on here asking for song suggestions, but I'm hoping no one will mind if I add one more! I've already looked through all of the other threads and took notes on songs that I think might work for a routine that I'm in the middle of choreographing... though I'm still not completely sure on the songs I'm leaning toward.

("She's choreographing a routine in the middle of March?" Yup! - I'm coaching my town's first-ever year-round Pop Warner cheerleading team and have VERY limited time to get everything going and together before our first competition on April 10th. Furthermore, we only just had our second practice this past Saturday... so as you can imagine, I'm going a little crazy here trying to do the impossible! Any help I can get will be very appreciated!)

I have a team of girls ranging in age from 8-11 and am looking for some fun, energetic songs (and appropriate - Pop Warner is very strict about suggestive/rude songs) to put into our music. Any suggestions?! Please and thanks SO MUCH in advance! Have a beautiful day! :)

I have no idea what songs you already have in mind, but I would definitely listen to some of Stingrays, Charlotte, or Cheer Athletics younger teams music from the past few seasons! Those programs always do a great job with appropriate music choices. Also, the 2by2videos on youtube usually have great songs. iTunes essentials lists and Disney or Nickelodeon shows are also a good place to look for other suggestions.

As for some of my suggestions:
"Anthem" or "It's on" by superchick
One and the same by Selena Gomez & Demi Lavato
Breakout by Miley Cyrus
What dreams are made of by Hilary Duff
Dream, Dream, Dream by Diana Degarmo

I could list a ton more, but I'll stop there :) feel free to PM me if you want more suggestions! GOOD LUCK!

One Shot (Starsmith Mix) and/or Higher - The Saturdays
Shadows of the Night - Ashley Tisdale (I think that version would be easier to work with for the chorus or something)
Magic - Selena Gomez
Stand Out - Mitchell Musso (I think this version would be better for younger kids as opposed to the original)
If I Didn't Have You - Emily Osment & Mitchell Musso
Let's Get Crazy, Supergirl, and/or Let's Do This - Hannah Montana
If I Had It My Way - Emma Roberts
Watch Me Shine - Joanna Pacitti (This song was actually in my individual a couple years ago & was really catchy sped up)
Unstoppable - Kat DeLuna (This song was popular in routines a couple years ago)
Superstar - Toy-Box
Spinnin' Around - Jump5 (Or really any song by Jump5 really, it's old school & still super catchy & cute)

Also anything by A*Teens, they're also old but still I think really appropriate for that age group (heck I listened to then when I was around that age). My favorite song is probably Bouncing Off The Ceiling because I listened to it the most in middle school, lol.

Back