Stunt Stand Or Cheerbalance Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 1, 2014
Believe me I searched the forums and did lots of googling, and have seen the same question asked on this board. But I had a few more questions and would love some input. My daughter is young (6) and a very beginning flyer. We want something for her to practice with at home. I was set on the stunt stand but after reading some of the posts on here started leaning towards the cheerbalance. However I found a post that said it may not be right for a small child. My daughter is a very small 6 yr old, is the cheerbalance going to be too big for her? What is the best for a beginner?

. My daughter is a very small 6 yr old, is the cheerbalance going to be too big for her? What is the best for a beginner?

My cp is only 7 and 44 inches tall. As I posted above, I am very pleased with the purchase. I am seeing a difference in a lot of things, but one skill that I love seeing get stronger is she is much sturdier loading into the stunt. It is hard for the little ones to step high onto a base sometimes .. And this is helping her find her balance. (Of course, she could get a similar result by stepping up onto the back of a cheese mat, But IMO, this makes her balance better while doing it.)

I have seen my cp use a stunt stand and I feel that she will get more use out of this for now.

Disclaimer- my kid is an average flyer honing skills, she is not a phenom doing elite stunts. If your kid is more advanced maybe she would do better with the other, but I think this pedestal is helping my kid a lot.

My cp is only 7 and 44 inches tall. As I posted above, I am very pleased with the purchase. I am seeing a difference in a lot of things, but one skill that I love seeing get stronger is she is much sturdier loading into the stunt. It is hard for the little ones to step high onto a base sometimes .. And this is helping her find her balance. (Of course, she could get a similar result by stepping up onto the back of a cheese mat, But IMO, this makes her balance better while doing it.)

I have seen my cp use a stunt stand and I feel that she will get more use out of this for now.

Disclaimer- my kid is an average flyer honing skills, she is not a phenom doing elite stunts. If your kid is more advanced maybe she would do better with the other, but I think this pedestal is helping my kid a lot.

thank you so much, no she is very much a beginner, she is 6 1/2 and 44" so same exact height as your daughter, so your comments help a lot! that's why I was leaning towards the cheerbalance, it seemed that it would help her learn the basics, and how to stay up.

Cheer balance is not too tall for her to use but it is a little scary, IME, when they fall off of it. It has these to big thick metal legs at the bottom and it just makes me a little nervous. We have had ours for quite some time now and there's never been an incident with it, I have just always felt that it was kind of a long way for a little one to fall. Maybe my fears are unfounded. Or maybe I should go find some wood to knock on!

I am a user of fly-tee. It's good for beginners and it's cheaper but I definitely helps with balance and I recommend it. It's $150

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Cheer balance is not too tall for her to use but it is a little scary, IME, when they fall off of it. It has these to big thick metal legs at the bottom and it just makes me a little nervous. We have had ours for quite some time now and there's never been an incident with it, I have just always felt that it was kind of a long way for a little one to fall. Maybe my fears are unfounded. Or maybe I should go find some wood to knock on!

That was my initial thought when seeing the cheer balance, was that it looked scary! On their website I cant really tell, they have a picture of the 2013-2014 model and it appears to be shorter maybe? Hard to tell since there are no dimensions given. Thank you for your response!

I love my stunt stand, it's close to the ground so it's not scary. The main reason I like my stuntstand more than a flyer tee is that the flyer tee is more for balance but the stuntstand really feels like a stunt and you can adjust the size for smaller feet

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My 12 year old just got the stunt stand for Christmas. She is a level 4/5 flyer and is also small. 4'8. This truly helps with balance. I tested it myself and can't even stay up. It helps with two footed and single footed stunts. Then when they advance to higher levels, it helps with full ups too. They can do switch ups/tick tocks as well. And because it's only about 6 inches off the ground, it's not too far to fall. She probably uses it about 6 hours a day since she got it. Her cheer friends are constantly coming over to use it too. It's waaaay too expensive IMO but seems to be made very solid. And she LOVES it. Hope this helps.

Tuna can...

Okay, I'm totally kidding, but it may not be worth your money to buy either if she's 6 and a beginner. There are a million different, cheaper alternatives that can increase her balance and core strength just as well. I've practiced body positions on a Bosu ball and a brick. Both worked well. 95% of flying is core strength and body awareness anyways. However, if you have the money to use, I'm sure neither would hurt.

My daughter is 8 and fly's and tumbles both. I have thought about investing in something but I am not sure if she will maintain being a flyer or not. Right now I have her working on her flexibility at home.

Back