All-Star Summit Bid Declaration?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

KikiD22

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Has anyone been able to find the info on how they're handing out Summit bids at Cheersport 2014 nationals? I've looked but can't find anything. Thanks!

Has anyone been able to find the info on how they're handing out Summit bids at Cheersport 2014 nationals? I've looked but can't find anything. Thanks!
The cheersport summit bids will be divided based upon percentages. The amount of L2's vs. the other Summit Bid eligible divisions and etc.

I think CheerSport should give out bids the same way NCA is and UCA should too.

Level 1 1Paid 7 At-large
Level 2 2Paid 6 At-large
Level 3 2Paid 6 At-large
Level 4 2Paid 6 At-large
Level 5 2Paid 5 At-large

This way it gives every division a chance to win. Isn't that what the Summit is about having all the best from each division????

The cheersport summit bids will be divided based upon percentages. The amount of L2's vs. the other Summit Bid eligible divisions and etc.
So my question is this.
What if the division winner already has a bid? Would it go to the 2nd place in that division?

So my question is this.
What if the division winner already has a bid? Would it go to the 2nd place in that division?
To clarify do you mean the entire level? With several divisions per level and multiple flights of the same division (ex: sm sr 4) you might have a scenario where the highest score winner might be already paid, and the second highest score might be in same flight and technically have been In 2nd place but still have a higher score than another flight or division winner and in that case - yes they would receive the bid. I hope that makes sense - sorry if I rambled.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

To clarify do you mean the entire level? With several divisions per level and multiple flights of the same division (ex: sm sr 4) you might have a scenario where the highest score winner might be already paid, and the second highest score might be in same flight and technically have been In 2nd place but still have a higher score than another flight or division winner and in that case - yes they would receive the bid. I hope that makes sense - sorry if I rambled.

Yes it makes perfect sense. Score matters.
Thank you.

so I thought I understood this point - but now not so sure. Perhaps someone could clarify. If only division winners are eligible for bids...wouldn't the open bid or if a team decides to not take the bid - just go to the next best % of perfection among division winners only? what if these are exhausted?

so I thought I understood this point - but now not so sure. Perhaps someone could clarify. If only division winners are eligible for bids...wouldn't the open bid or if a team decides to not take the bid - just go to the next best % of perfection among division winners only? what if these are exhausted?
I agree - nca's summit declaration confused me when it states they must be a div winner. I looked for a cheersport declaration and never saw one. I apologize if I only muddied the water.

I personally never found anything on Cheersport website either - but unfortunately found out the hard way that only division winners can get bids. I seem to remember 2nd place teams at WSF getting bids.

Back