All-Star Summit Experience?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

$20 parking at Wild World of Sports?
I'm assuming your rent something fairly close...how long would it typically take you to get to WWOS?
I rented under 2.5 miles away and it could take anywhere from 15min to well over an hour.

Our gym is going to Summit for the first time. Looking for someone (or a few people!) who have been to help us answer some questions.
The biggest question in the gym right now is: To stay on property or not.
Coaches have allowed athletes families to decided where they want to stay.
Some are wondering if off property, although might be cheaper, is worth it. Thoughts?
Anyone know how much parking costs at WWOS?
If teams are practicing at All Start Sports, are non-guests even allowed to park there? Cost?
(Athletes would have a commuter pass, but my experience with Disney is that if you are not a guest at that hotel, you cannot park there)
If staying on property, favourite All Star Resort to stay at??
Has anyone extended their varsity package for 2 additional nights prior to May 2? (We will be arriving April 30)

Would love to hear what some of your experiences have been like.

Thank You!!
If
Our gym is going to Summit for the first time. Looking for someone (or a few people!) who have been to help us answer some questions.
The biggest question in the gym right now is: To stay on property or not.
Coaches have allowed athletes families to decided where they want to stay.
Some are wondering if off property, although might be cheaper, is worth it. Thoughts?
Anyone know how much parking costs at WWOS?
If teams are practicing at All Start Sports, are non-guests even allowed to park there? Cost?
(Athletes would have a commuter pass, but my experience with Disney is that if you are not a guest at that hotel, you cannot park there)
If staying on property, favourite All Star Resort to stay at??
Has anyone extended their varsity package for 2 additional nights prior to May 2? (We will be arriving April 30)

Would love to hear what some of your experiences have been like.

Thank You!!
We have stayed both on and off property and much preferred off property since it was cheaper and quiter. We hated the hustle of the shuttle buses so we ubered a lot when staying on property. Depending on how much you wanted to spend you can also stay at other Disney resorts. I didn’t like the all star resorts because of how enormous and budget like they are for the cost. We didn’t pay for the lot at summit but did have to pay the $25 at the parks. I don’t believe you can take the bus from all star unless you are staying there but with the crowds I doubt anyone would notice.

I rented under 2.5 miles away and it could take anywhere from 15min to well over an hour.
Definitely agree depending on the time of day. Uber is a good option for that but getting into the area of WWOS can take a minimum of 30-40 mins any time of day.

If

We have stayed both on and off property and much preferred off property since it was cheaper and quiter. We hated the hustle of the shuttle buses so we ubered a lot when staying on property. Depending on how much you wanted to spend you can also stay at other Disney resorts. I didn’t like the all star resorts because of how enormous and budget like they are for the cost. We didn’t pay for the lot at summit but did have to pay the $25 at the parks. I don’t believe you can take the bus from all star unless you are staying there but with the crowds I doubt anyone would notice.

They do notice, well some of them do. We were given the wrong color lanyard the blue was if you bought the travel package and yellow was commuter. We were given the yellow by mistake we took the bus to the arena just fine but on our way back we weren’t allowed on the bus and I was pretty much told i was a liar and bought the commuter package. Took about 2 hours to get someone to bring us the right colored lanyard to take the bus back to our hotel.

Anyone know if you do buy the package and are staying on property, do you get Magic Bands? Do you have control over anything that has to do with your room choice? I registered through the Varsity site and all we could do was select "Moderate", so don't even know if we will get Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach Resort. I'm curious if I can select a "preferred room", Two queens vs. King, etc.

Anyone know if you do buy the package and are staying on property, do you get Magic Bands? Do you have control over anything that has to do with your room choice? I registered through the Varsity site and all we could do was select "Moderate", so don't even know if we will get Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach Resort. I'm curious if I can select a "preferred room", Two queens vs. King, etc.

Not 100% sure but I think you can only make room requests when you arrive and then it depends if they can do it. You do get magic bands when you pick up your tickets and lanyards.

It is free in some lots to park ....last year the main lot was charging $20? I personally love to rent houses for World/summit! Cook your own meals and just more comfortable!

WWOS and Disney Springs is free, to park at any Disney park has recently gone up to $25 per day.

Last year WWOS main center lot charged for parking at Worlds...and I believe Summit too..

There is a charge for premium parking, but to use the general lot should have been free. Unless it was the competition themselves charging the fee as Disney doesn't charge. Now, the lots they use for overflow I don't know about a fee, but WWOS should have been free.

There is a charge for premium parking, but to use the general lot should have been free. Unless it was the competition themselves charging the fee as Disney doesn't charge. Now, the lots they use for overflow I don't know about a fee, but WWOS should have been free.
Yes all WWIS lots should be free, but someone was making a lot of $$ if u wanted to park in the main lot which was also usually free until last year.

Just a heads up for those planning to Uber...last year at Summit by about mid day Saturday Uber drivers were over all the traffic and were cancelling rides left and right. My husband and son were trying to get to WWOS to meet me to watch our daughter and he had 3 Ubers cancel on him and he missed her.

Yeah, we couldn’t get an Uber when we finished Saturday...we snuck on a bus and rode to one of the hotels and ubered from there! (Shhh!) It was stressful, don’t recommend. Getting a rental car this year, lol

Don't want to derail this thread, but how does UCA compare to Summit in terms of crowds, parking, etc?

Don't want to derail this thread, but how does UCA compare to Summit in terms of crowds, parking, etc?

There are always crowds at UCA, but keep in mind that the Atlanta Braves have Pre-season spring games at WWOS on both days of UCA. Luckily they aren't playing the Yankees that weekend. IT'S CRAZY WHEN THE BRAVES ARE PLAYING THE YANKEES

CP's team got an at large bid for winning Cheersport. I feel like I have read so much about Summit and now that we're going I don't remember much. The gym just sent an email with the hotels we can book. I think I we will stay on Disney property, a value option that seems fairly close.

Is there a "usual time" that small Y2 compete? Or could it be any time from early morning until late at night?

Does anyone know if they're fixing some issues from last year? This will be our first time but I read a lot about crowding and craziness last year. Thanks!

Back