The Do’s And Dont’s Of The 8-count Sheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

Whether you’re a high school coach or prepping your worlds team, everyone needs an 8-count sheet and producers are heading into their busiest season of the year… the last thing you want to do is be the nightmare client! Steve Pawlyk of IPP Music wrote this fantastic and simple step-by-step guide to make sure your music gets delivered on time, just the way you like it.

Someone out there needs to hear this… your 8-count sheets are a mess
ipp-smiley.png

There I said it! Don’t be mad. I’m just playing with you! I know that filling out an 8-count sheet can be confusing and tedious at times. Who wants to sit there and fill in each of those little boxes count by count – line by line. It can make you pull your hair out. I know that’s why so many coaches fly through it just to get it done. I’m right there with you. I have been guilty of this at times too. However, it can be problematic since the 8-count sheet can be a critical part of your music creation. Most of the time it’s all your producer has at their disposal. Therefore, if your 8-count sheet is unclear or confusing then your music producer may not be able to execute that perfect mix that you envision. Let me help you to solve this problem by providing examples of the do’s and don’ts of the 8-count sheet.

So why is this important?

Plain and simple, having the perfect 8-count sheet will reduce any aggravation on the part of you and your producer. Your mix is the heartbeat of your routine. The perfect mix can help to bring your routine to life and pump up your team. When you submit your count sheet at the beginning of the season you envision receiving a mix so perfect that the crowd wants to know all the lyrics and wants to sing along at competition like they do for Cheer Extreme Senior Elite and Top Gun. Having the crowd support can help to lift your team up to the next level during their performance. You want your sound effects to be big and expressive, your beats to hit hard and the lyrics to be perfect! Trust me, your producer wants this for you as well.

Hopefully, I still have your attention. Now let’s dive in and see how both you and your producer can collaborate to create the most magnificent piece of routine music that you’ve ever heard!

READ THE REST OF STEVE’S WISDOM HERE!

Back