All-Star The Majors By Jamfest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never said anything about another nationals. The worlds event we have now is loaded with problems (venue size, too many at large, rules not enforced, etc) I don't see usasf doing anything to fix any of the problems. I'm saying if The Majors can turn into something like Worlds and do it much better I for one am willing to support their effort in trying.
Its the same concept they used to be only a few nationals and it was elite. Now every event produce has one if not multiple national events. Now, a national event just means better stage, lights, sound, judges, and more teams. So if Jams brand is trying to put on another worlds type event who says another company can't? then another and then another and so forth. I'm just merely comparing the two as like instances. I think what there is doing is cool I just don't like the underlying unsaid reasoning for it. We have all heard the rumors for the past couple of years that Jam brands wants to break off and make there own "USASF" type of governing body. I think this might be just another stepping stone to that.

Am I the only one that thinks that this competition is good for the industry/sport?

Am I the only one excited about this competition..? I'm excited because there aren't any strings attached, no alterior motives but to simply compete (hence, competitive cheer). I'm so sick of hearing people talk about bids and Worlds, I understand that it's probably the only competition that everyone actually goes against each other at the same time but I think The Majors is trying to get that feel of the best of the best going head to head to see who really is better (just for the sake of competition), and NOT JUST once a year at Nationals.. I mean Worlds.

I hate that there are 1,000 (yes, I'm exaggerating) divisions. This is also a growing sport but lets face it, there are too many and there are only 5 levels. Not everyone is a winner, and not everyone needs to be a winner every time, I know I've worked my hardest when something/someone posed as a threat (My motto is to be #1, train like you're #2.). It will be nice to see All-Girl and Co-Ed go against each other. Hopefully the event runs smoothly, isn't a flop, and hopefully a few more teams (from different divisions but still keep only an All-Girl winner and a Co-Ed winner) will join in next year. Because honestly I'm excited to just do this :enjoyshow:

My 2 cents, have a nice day. I need to go to scoresheet practice... I mean choreography... to make a couple tweaks and touches for next weekend;)

I never said anything about another nationals. The worlds event we have now is loaded with problems (venue size, too many at large, rules not enforced, etc) I don't see usasf doing anything to fix any of the problems. I'm saying if The Majors can turn into something like Worlds and do it much better I for one am willing to support their effort in trying.

I've got no problem with someone else trying their hand at whatever they want to do, but I've got to address some of this.

1. venue size: I would love the Milkhouse to be bigger, but it's not. They added Jostens and have even taken steps to make the backgrounds similar.
2. too many at large: frankly, I think the real issue is too many divisions not at large. At one point, the EP's could award 4 at large for every paid and that was cut back to 3. As the sport gets bigger, there are likely to be more teams. And the at large teams are essentially the ones that pay the bills
3. rules not enforced: I've always wanted there to be a hard line and will be the first to admit, the USASF isn't there. But they have implemented and enforced coaches credentialing, coach access to warm ups, athlete birth certificates.

Now, if you don't think they've done enough, fine, and I'll agree. But to say you "don't see usasf doing anything to fix any of the problems" just isn't a fair characterization.

Would anyone be willing to buy me a ticket and then meet up with me sometime during the day and Ill give you the money? I wont be there until late Friday night and I dont want to risk it being sold out.

Just FYI all VIP tickets are sold out.

I've got no problem with someone else trying their hand at whatever they want to do, but I've got to address some of this.

1. venue size: I would love the Milkhouse to be bigger, but it's not. They added Jostens and have even taken steps to make the backgrounds similar.
2. too many at large: frankly, I think the real issue is too many divisions not at large. At one point, the EP's could award 4 at large for every paid and that was cut back to 3. As the sport gets bigger, there are likely to be more teams. And the at large teams are essentially the ones that pay the bills
3. rules not enforced: I've always wanted there to be a hard line and will be the first to admit, the USASF isn't there. But they have implemented and enforced coaches credentialing, coach access to warm ups, athlete birth certificates.

Now, if you don't think they've done enough, fine, and I'll agree. But to say you "don't see usasf doing anything to fix any of the problems" just isn't a fair characterization.
I will agree with you that with the venue they have they are trying their best. I understand contracts and such, but 5 miles away is the Orange County Convention Center that hosts MANY cheerleading competitions and could accommodate ANY size crowd. This would allow the draw of "Disney" while not having the CHAOS. IMO IF they could fit more teams heck offer more bids (whether you like it or not at-large pay the bills so to speak).

yojaehs said:
I will agree with you that with the venue they have they are trying their best. I understand contracts and such, but 5 miles away is the Orange County Convention Center that hosts MANY cheerleading competitions and could accommodate ANY size crowd. This would allow the draw of "Disney" while not having the CHAOS. IMO IF they could fit more teams heck offer more bids (whether you like it or not at-large pay the bills so to speak).

Bu they need to make everyone come INTO the park and spend all your money. I doubt it would ever go off site.

If they went off of Disney property ESPN would probably drop it which would be fine if FSN picked it up (they do multiple episodes so more teams could be seen) BUT someone mentioned letting CheerLive do it and I say PLEASE NO! No offense to CheerLive but the few webcasts of theirs that I have watched have been awful so I would much rather have the itty bitty ESPN show and pay for the VOD then to pay for a CheerLive webcast.

Worlds could go back to being super selective of who they let go so that only the Milkhouse was needed again, but then people would be complaining about all the team that wouldn't be going to worlds because they are too selective.

I love the idea of the Majors but I wish that instead of trying to split from the USASF with the idea that they would both just get along enough to merge the two to better Worlds.

If they went off of Disney property ESPN would probably drop it which would be fine if FSN picked it up (they do multiple episodes so more teams could be seen) BUT someone mentioned letting CheerLive do it and I say PLEASE NO! No offense to CheerLive but the few webcasts of theirs that I have watched have been awful so I would much rather have the itty bitty ESPN show and pay for the VOD then to pay for a CheerLive webcast.

Worlds could go back to being super selective of who they let go so that only the Milkhouse was needed again, but then people would be complaining about all the team that wouldn't be going to worlds because they are too selective.

I love the idea of the Majors but I wish that instead of trying to split from the USASF with the idea that they would both just get along enough to merge the two to better Worlds.
In regards to the quality of "cheerlive" I completely understand your point. The ONLY reason I brought it up is bc IF the location changes it is a POSSIBLE alternative. I am willing to bet if "cheerlive" has the opportunity at World's their quality would VASTLY improve in a hurry. They are currently doing things on a MUCH more limited budget. Watching worlds on ESPN is cool but to me "ESPN" isn't important to me when talking about the WORLD cheerleading championships, heck they don't air it until MONTHS after. I would MUCH rather have the competition at a different venue just bc there are so many probs with the current one. I don't care about ESPN or Mickey (then again I live in Florida so I'm there too often) which is why I recommended the OCCC bc it's close and the "experience" would be similar. I am fully aware of the cost difference btw the two, OCCC MUCH cheaper so the "quality" of the production as a whole could/should be much better while still having money left over for an "appeal staff" JUST KIDDING LOLOLOL

If this was not a "fair characterization" I apologize. I'm not in any usasf meetings and have no idea what they r working on. Truth is I am so upset and emotional with the release policy not having a way to appeal (and no way to enforce) that I am blinded by everything else. Since I know (by members of usasf posted about it) that there is no intention to fix the release policy that is where I get my opinion that they pick and chose what is important. The things on my list are mostly parent issues and that is why I have MO that there is no intention of fixing any of these thing. Feel free to correct me if I am out of line.

If this was not a "fair characterization" I apologize. I'm not in any usasf meetings and have no idea what they r working on. Truth is I am so upset and emotional with the release policy not having a way to appeal (and no way to enforce) that I am blinded by everything else. Since I know (by members of usasf posted about it) that there is no intention to fix the release policy that is where I get my opinion that they pick and chose what is important. The things on my list are mostly parent issues and that is why I have MO that there is no intention of fixing any of these thing. Feel free to correct me if I am out of line.

No worries, I've never had a problem speaking my mind, sometimes to my regret.

USASF isn't perfect under any set of measurements, but I still contend that we're a LOT better off than we were before USASF.

While a lot of the USASF Parent Action Committee post here, I would also recommend you post in the Cheer Parents Online forum. It used to be a separate site, but I believe they are moving it as a subforum here on Fierceboard. Their mission is to improve the communication between all the entities in all star cheer. Maybe they can take this issue and create a reasonable appeal methodology that would be accepted.

CharlotteASMom might want to chime in.

No worries, I've never had a problem speaking my mind, sometimes to my regret.

USASF isn't perfect under any set of measurements, but I still contend that we're a LOT better off than we were before USASF.

While a lot of the USASF Parent Action Committee post here, I would also recommend you post in the Cheer Parents Online forum. It used to be a separate site, but I believe they are moving it as a subforum here on Fierceboard. Their mission is to improve the communication between all the entities in all star cheer. Maybe they can take this issue and create a reasonable appeal methodology that would be accepted.

CharlotteASMom might want to chime in.
I will check out the parents forum thank you :)

Back