Tips On Back Tucks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ana

Mar 16, 2014
when i do my tuck i am always putting my hands down on the ground before i land! i need advice!

Not really a tip, but when I was learning tucks I was touching down like that to even tho I didn't need to. So every time I touched down, my coaches made me do push ups after everyone. Eventually I just learned to stick it.

Also just ab workouts always help. One other thing that I always did when I got my tuck is throwing a couple at the end of practice. If you can land it when your tired at the end of practice then you can land it anywhere.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

when i do my tuck i am always putting my hands down on the ground before i land! i need advice!
My coach makes me grab my thighs/knees/some part of my leg as I land so I don't throw my hands forward onto the mat. But that's for standing (idk about running), and also because I'm not touching down for any reason (i.e. to save my face) - if you can't land it properly without putting your hands down then what I said is just going to be dangerous!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

what i do is get a good set, pull hard, & keep pulling until your feet hit the ground. do not open too soon or else you will not land

Back