Too Tall To Fly?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

defintly not. cami branson is 5'7. maddie gardner is 5'7 also yet shes the greatest flyer in the country. its all about how tight you are so you can feel light on your bases

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm 5'6" and 120 pounds but I am super flexible. I have a lot of confidence so I can always hit stunts when I fly them because I am tight and sharp but only fly with my friends at open gyms. Do you think I can fly for my all star team?

I'm the same height and weight and I fly! If you can hold your weight well, are flexible, and you're confident, you'd be a great flyer :) there is no "too big" to be a flyer. I'd rather base a heavier girl that can hold herself then a little girl who isn't tight and has no clue what she's doing!

I'm probably the worst example for this but our coed ranges.
I'm 4'11 and 95 lbs.
Another girl is about 5'1 and 100 lbs.
While the last is about 5'5 and 120 lbs

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

it really all depends on who is on your team if you are on a junior team and there are not big enough people to carry you than . even is you are on a senior team it depends if other bases are strong enough or big enough to carry you so it all depends;)

It shouldn't matter how much you weigh or how tall you are, but sometims it does...
I am 5'3 and weigh 110...but I am a base, becuase all the other girs are so tny...So it tottaly depends on what kind of a team you are on. :)

Don't think you're too big as well. My flyer is 5.7 and I'm about 5.4. ( estimated calculation from cm haha) She's suuuuper tight though, so it's not a problem for us, and I think you could fly if you are tight and have bases who want to stunt tall flyers in stead of minis.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i love flying and i am really good at it have a needle and realy good bow and arrow and great front flexibility on both legs.....
that being said i am on a junior team this year and it was more beneficial for them to put me as a base because we have lots of tiny little 9 year olds to fly, so in this case i am to big to fly but i am only 4 11 and 93 pounds, so i can fly on a senior team.
Akso, you have to hold up your weight i dont care if you are 70 pounds or 170 pounds, if you are dead weight it is so hard to fly you, belive me i am speaking from experance

Back