OT Vent. People Are So Rude.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 23, 2010
on tumblr, i saw a post with a heavier cheerleader doing a jump. somebody had taken the time to photoshop her into several really rude other images.
seriously, how rude could somebody be?! this girl is out there and trying, and quite frankly, her jump was better than a lot of girls on my school team.

they didnt even take into consideration how this girl would feel if she saw it. like, people cant control their bodies! why does everybody have to continually point out flaws in others???? this girl is out doing a physical activity and is doing more for her physical health than whoever took their worthless time to make this post.

heres the link: Laugh-Addict!

im so angry i cant even.... :mad:

on tumblr, i saw a post with a heavier cheerleader doing a jump. somebody had taken the time to photoshop her into several really rude other images.
seriously, how rude could somebody be?! this girl is out there and trying, and quite frankly, her jump was better than a lot of girls on my school team.

they didnt even take into consideration how this girl would feel if she saw it. like, people cant control their bodies! why does everybody have to continually point out flaws in others???? this girl is out doing a physical activity and is doing more for her physical health than whoever took their worthless time to make this post.

heres the link: Laugh-Addict!

im so angry i cant even.... :mad:

People can take actions to control their bodies and that's what this girl is doing by participating in an athletic activity so yay her. Anyway judging from what I skimmed of this tumblr account I don't think the intent was to make fun of her weight. The photoshop of the mothercycle was funny (if you ignore the girls butt hanging out) and the double dutch and surfing were cute....the only one I 0_0 at was the toilet...bc that's just weird...still doing that photoshopping was a waste of time...

People can take actions to control their bodies and that's what this girl is doing by participating in an athletic activity so yay her. Anyway judging from what I skimmed of this tumblr account I don't think the intent was to make fun of her weight. The photoshop of the mothercycle was funny (if you ignore the girls butt hanging out) and the double dutch and surfing were cute....the only one I 0_0 at was the toilet...bc that's just weird...still doing that photoshopping was a waste of time...
its still hurtful. if I found something like that about ME online, id be so upset and all of my self confidence would be completely crushed.

I saw the post pop up on my dashboard the otherday and thought it was awful. The person who had reblogged it then got a ton of questions about why they have a problem with heavier people, all that person did was reply with "haha".
I think it was rude and can be very hurtful, there are actually several of the anon cheer twitters (and some that aren't anon) that constantly make fun of bigger people as well which I know can hurt someone's feelings. People need to think before they post such crap.

its still hurtful. if I found something like that about ME online, id be so upset and all of my self confidence would be completely crushed.

But we don't know that the girl didn't see it and laugh it off (if it was me...I'd laugh...but then again I've never been hypersensitive about weight or body image...)

And if I saw something on the internet that I found hurful...I probably wouldn't have shared it, even though its obvious your intention was to "bring awareness" I guess.

Anyway. We're all different. The best way to avoid negative things on the internet, is to not go to sites that can be cyberbully playgrounds....

stuff like this makes me ill, i cannot stand how insensitive people are at times weight is something young people have no control over 80% of the time, yes there are ways to gain weight if your 'too tiny' and ways to lose it if your 'too big' but half the time there is no way for them to do this, part of my anger i will admit is from somethings said in one thread in particular on the board about somebody needing to eat more and then people saying i'd be happy if somebody told me that, to be honest no they wouldnt, i have had one too many friends calling me bawling or trying to drown out voices at the beach or prom or even practice because somebody had made a comment about how "they are so disgustingly tiny" "ew look you can see all her bones" or even people going to the extremes telling them that they need to get help from their eating disorder, i personally cannot comprehend what goes through peoples brains at times

sorry i just really needed to get that out in the open sorry if it took away from the rest of this

This weekend I was next to a girl who saw a girl on a VERY well known level 5 team and she said "if that girl can do a full I should be able to" I wanted to slap her across the face.

Back